Omnipotent God

Today another round of storms, to the north, to the south, to the east, and to the west but for some reason Tyler is missed yet again. Of course, in Lindale I got rained on a little bit. I was a little disappointed, I love storms. Yeah, I'm one of those people who loves the sound of thunder, watching the lightning, especially at night when it lights up the sky. I have a fascination with tornado's too, but that is another blog (can someone say storm chaser).

One of the reason I like storms is because it reminds me of how powerful God is. A tempest that no one can control. Believe me, I've tried to manipulate God, even tried to control God and my circumstances, but God is by no means dependent on me, much less can He be controlled by me. Don't get me wrong, God loves me, I am His child, and He loved me sooo much He gave His only Son to die on the cross for me. So when I gave my life to Him I became His. But God has had to do alot of work on me. I can be impatient, stubborn, I can throw tantrums (I imagine Him smiling shaking His head as I do), but in the end I come around to His way of thinking. After all, my God is omnipotent, and anyone who is more powerful than a storm, who could cast it away with but a word, doesn't need my input on how to run my life.

Recently, I've begun to learn just how powerful God's Word is. As I've begun to read more I find myself craving more. When I go to His Word with a pure heart, it comes alive and I get answers. II Timothy 3:16-17 speaks volumes to me as I understand that it is a blueprint for living a holy life. One day I'll read and be convicted. The next I'll read and get an answer to prayer. The common denominator I get with both is when I go to His Word not for selfish gain, but for wisdom, I find myself in His presence and realize how awesome He is. Believe me, I've gone the route of things are bad I need a quick fix, let me run to the Bible, okay God help me! Then I 'm back running my life. But things have been different. I have a joy reading, especially when Ginger and I sit down and I read and we discuss in our nightly studies. It is important, because we've found that as we are closer to God, we are closer to each other. And when things are difficult I do ask God for help, but how He chooses to help. The trial I may be going through may be for me to learn something, whether it's patience, or what, I may never know, but I do know that if I trust and have faith in God, it works out sometimes in ways I never imagined. Could I have imagined my life the way it is now, 10 years ago? No. But God knew. The all knowing, all powerful God of the universe knew. And I find that if I stay in the Word I forget that less and less. What a mighty God we serve.

Comments

  1. Evan always says that God may not have answered his prayers like he thought... but, it is always more than he could have imagined to have asked for. I love to hear him say that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Evan! Sometimes I'm so happy I didn't get the prayer answered the way I wanted, because God did so much more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts