A blah day

Ever have one of those days? You know, you get out of bed and your just blah! You hope the day gets better, but blah! I mowed and cleared large amounts of grass yesterday, rushed home and went to volunteer at Celebrate Recovery. I know, I should be super spiritual and say "I was happy to get there and serve serve serve!" I should be, but I've never been one to follow the norm. Truth be told, I wanted to be at home, my butt on the couch, eating potato chips and dip drinking koolaid. The God I serve is amazing. I can be honest with Him. I can tell Him how I feel. I don't have to lie and say I'm doing great Lord! He knows anyway. He knows my heart more than I'll ever know it. So instead of saying, I'm great God, I said, you know how I feel, give me the strength because I really don't want to be around people, because they are just disappointing me today.

So that is how it started. Things, of course, started turning around. My wife walked in (she is a leader too). If anything brings a smile to my face it's her. She looks at me, no lie, I see those beautiful golden hazel eyes look at me, I see the love, and I see Jesus. And then other's I know and adore come, not knowing my mood, and just lift me up. I feel my mood lifting. Large group starts and the music is AWESOME! And then I get up and do the announcements. And it just flows. I get down from the podium and Ginger says I've done the best job ever. I hear an awesome testimony from my good friend Tony, and then Ginger and I have a habit of when we say the serenity prayer we look into each others eyes as we say it. Afterward I'm talking to our security guard, who happens to be a Smith County Sheriff Officer, and we are laughing and having a good time. By the time I left, my mood was restored. I didn't have to fake it, I was real with myself and God, and He brought people in my life to lift me up.

By the time I got home, I was a new man. People in ministry can have bad days. The good news is, we have a God who cares if we are just honest and say today I need your help. He helped me, and He used alot of good people to do it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts