Week 39: Funnel Web and Moon Auras

Alright so just a disclaimer.  If you do not like spiders, have arachnophobia, or the like, you might want to skip the next couple of pictures.  In fact, just scroll on down past the pictures to get to the rest of the blog, lol.  Go to the SKIP TO HERE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SPIDERS heading below.


So yesterday I was back in Lindale at the ranch.  Even though it was hot and humid, fall is coming, well, as fall as it gets in Texas!  And with fall comes spiders and spider webs and I love to take pictures of both.  I do.  I admit it.  But some of you do not share my enthusiasm.   So this is a public service announcement of sorts!

If you see this:


This is known as a funnel web.  They are actually pretty cool to see.  I saw three yesterday, two on the ground and one in a tree (yes a tree at about head height).

Here is a side view of a funnel web, these things are works of art (to spiders):





Here is another picture of a closeup.


Now if you are still with me (some of you are right?), you may notice something down in the funnel.  It is blurry and you can't see it very well, but don't worry, I can help you with that....


Yes, I made sure not to make too much of a closeup for those who are still with me!  That is what is inside the funnel web.  Took a little finesse to get it out and I would have gotten a better shot with a tripod, as it is I was about 6 inches away taking this shot (good these spiders don't jump!).

SKIP TO HERE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SPIDERS

Okay so on to bigger and better things right! 

So for those that like moon shots (I think I put this on Facebook but wanted to put it here too), this was a shot of the moon in Destin.  It had this aura around it that I do not see that much of so it was just really fun to be able to take this pic:


No photoshopping, that is what I saw and it was pretty darn cool. 

So this week some really good friends of ours had their baby girl!  We are so excited for them and ready to welcome Audrey home:


So this week Ginger finally gets to drive again!  She has been very good and she has a whole lot of family and friends who helped her get to where she needs.  Her dizziness, by the way, has gotten better.  She started drinking Gatorade Zero and (to appease me) been eating a very good dinner for the most part.  Since then she might have a spell or two but nothing like what happened a couple of weeks ago where she is almost collapsing.  And Tuesday I am taking most of the day off from work to take her to see her Psych Doctor in Dallas.  This will be the first face to face since the seizure and should be a really good visit.  By the way, Ginger quit drinking coffee and that has helped with the intensity of the anxiety attacks.  She still gets them, but the severity of them has diminished.  I attribute this to everyone praying for her so that God guides us in the correct actions to take.  I cannot tell you enough how thankful I am for everyone's love, support and helping us through this time. 

So in our future, in a couple of weeks I am having my colonoscopy done (preventative) and then it is time to think about getting tickets for our trip to Iowa in December.  Yes, a little early, but we are both excited to get to see my parents in a couple of months!    Speaking of family, Ginger's sister and family are here for next week (they arrived last night) so looking forward to spending time with them! 

And just one thing about work.  Once again, everyone learned that the best way I learn is by watching, helping, and doing.  Just wanted to put that out there.  That and when I say I have never done something before, I haven't.  Just saying.

Okay everyone, thank you for all your love and support, time to go spend some time with family!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts