Week 37 and Week 38: Halloween Decorations and Contest Results

So this weekend I was finally able to put up our lights for Halloween. I had a photo shoot for a friend Saturday morning and then began the process of decorations, fall cleaning, and unpacking and straightening up my studio.  It has been a busy weekend but now I am sitting next to my lovely wife, Sophie is sleeping on me, and I am writing my blog on my tablet!  So as Ginger says it, it is subtle and yet the mood is there.  It is mostly lights which I have a thing for.



Yes we like the purple though I can change the lights to orange if I wish with the push of a button!  And my Dad's house he made me has a cool flame light giving us some ambience, and my Spooky Town haunted house flashing lightning.

So as most of my family, friends and Instagram followers and Facebook knows, my contest results came in and I was so blown away.  Of the five categories I entered I placed first in all.  A couple of those I received second place too.  So here are my entries:










So each has a special story.  But the moth.  Well, it has a joke between Ginger and I.  I actually found the caterpillar at my friends ranch.  It took a couple of months for it to come out of it's molt and I got so excited that night!  I run into the living room all excited saying my moth hatched! Of course Ginger earlier had seen it.  She said the look on my face was priceless.  So the picture has a great story behind it.  It let me take it outside and photograph it for an hour.  Flash, no flash, moving it on a reflective surface.  And when I was done I put it in a tree and have not seen it since.

So this week I will be spending some time editing photos from the vacation.  Any guess on how many pictures I took just with my camera?  1226.  Now not all are good, but there are moon pictures, beach pictures, bird pictures, Ginger and I pictures and even a jellyfish!  So next week even though I will be back in Lindale working on ranch on Saturday, I should be able to get some va action pics up!

So on October 1st Ginger and I will be going to Dallas to see her doctor.  This will be our first face to face since the seizure.  Ginger has been doing extremely well.  Since drinking Gatorade every day and water as well as eating a good dinner has helped out immensely.  The dizziness has gotten much better.  So keep praying for us.  Ginger also has, for a few weeks, stopped drinking coffee and that has made a big difference in how severe Ginger's anxiety attacks are.  She is still having them but there frequency is much less and she is using some tools that help her combat them.  I am really proud of her for what she has done!

Thank you for everyone's support and prayers.  The holiday's are coming upon us and this is a favorite times of ours!   We love you all and I will be posting more pictures so stay tune!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts