Week 35: X-ray Leaf Photography, State Fair Submissions and Florida




So this is not a trick shot.  This is a real leaf.  And it has taken me almost 3 years to find a leaf like it to do the project I wanted.  In Digital Photo December 2016 I saw a similar shot with a different leaf (obviously).  Since then I always wanted to do something like it and began looking for leaves that might fit the bill.  So you can imagine my surprise when last week I finally found one that might fit the bill. 

So it was a simple shot to take.  A flash pointed down with the leaf on a turned off light box.  Once I had the shot I just put it into Photoshop, inverted the colors (which gives it an xray look and a bluish tint) and then a little dodge and burn and I have my fine art piece.  I realize it is not everyone's cup of tea but it is definitely mine and when I saw it come together I was a happy camper indeed! 

So I have finalized my 2019 State Fair pictures, mounted them and gotten all the required paperwork and pictures categorized and finished.  Here is a sneak peek:


Because there are only 5 categories I realize not everything can win.  Doesn't matter.  I just like the fact that I can submit my work and show it to others.  And it was fun being able to pick out the pictures.  A huge thank you to Ginger's parents who will be delivering my pictures to the ETSF office next week while I am gone!

So we are getting ready for our vacation!  Counting down the days!  Actually looking forward to going to Florida (no where near the hurricane) to relax, get some good pictures, and have some fun shopping and eating with my lovely bride!  I will make sure to take lots of pictures for everyone to see! 

And today we went on our annual fall shopping!  Ginger made off like a bandit with puzzles and candles!  It was fun to see her eyes light up.  Didn't get much in the way of Halloween decorations, we will decorate when we get back from the beach! 

So please pray for safe travels for us!  Sophie will be getting some fun time with Nathan and Kayla (she looooves them to death!) so she is in good hands.  Next week I will be blogging from the beach!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts