Week 47: Meant to Be

What a week for pictures!  Inspiration can come in many different forms.  Ginger had her birthday this week and she is a young ... years old (No, I will not be divulging and age, she can, I am not lol).  So the one gift that I got her that almost brought a tear to my eye was this:


I got it at Altar'd State and when I saw it I was just overcome with gratitude for my wife and just how God blessed me with such a wonderful wife.   I am in awe that before we were born He knew we were for each other.  By the way, apparently I did good in the gift department because Ginger has a LOT more candles for her collection because of a certain gift card!

So for Ginger's birthday at community group Laura made these pretty (and delicious) apple wraps.


These things were works of art.  And because they are vegan (because of her fibromyalgia), Laura could eat them as well!  I just had to get a shot of these!  I really am surrounded by artists, just different genres but we all have our gifts!

So during the week at work this week I looked up and saw this in the sky.  Just one of those moments I am thankful to have a camera!


There is a church behind that white building so not sure if that light was shining down on the church but it was just cool to see this ray of light going down!

So this week I got a bigger commission for an acrylic pour.  So I have been doing mostly 8 x 10 but have been venturing bigger.  I also had been having some trouble with getting cells and have since learned what I was a) doing wrong and b) there is a difference in pouring mediums.  Needless to say I found out at the right time lol! 

So this commission was a bit harder than others.  For one I had to mix paints to get the right shade of red.  I have reds:


But I had to get some deep reds.  And so came some practicing.  But this is the first time that Ginger was involved in the process.  She was in constant contact with the customer as I was able to concentrate on getting things right.  And today, when the big pour came, It was Ginger who was able to see what needed to be done to make the painting just right for the customer.  Definitely a good team indeed!  So while I am mixing paint, getting things together and working on the process, Ginger was being the creative editor and social director (her words).  Truly, truly she has a gift for this because this is the final product:


The reds aren't showing the burgundy that they are right now but as it has been drying it has been getting darker (which is what the customer wanted).  Could not have done it without Ginger and it was fun to have her in the studio giving me her input.  She knew what would make it better, I had knew how to make it happen.  Perfect. This is a 10 x 20 so I had to figure out ratios but I am happy with the results.  So now on to bigger pours! 

So Thanksgiving this week!  Of course the next two weeks are going to see us with lots of family.  First Ginger's and then in less than two weeks we are flying up to see my Mom and Dad!  I am psyched!  I need it.  Work is crazy at times and I am ready for the break.  There is a job on Tuesday that I have to turn these angle stops off and they are fragile.  Let's just say plumbing is not my favorite and I do not feel like flooding an two story house!  Not that I cannot do the job, I can, but it just seems more and more I am a)either left on my own to figure it out or b) given help that isn't really that because they know less than I do (which is why they are called helpers lol!).  And when you are working with fragile plumbing (and those were the CUSTOMERS words) it would be nice to have some more expertise.  But God is with me and I just have to vent.  Ginger says I need a raise, or we need to move to Georgetown Colorado, open a small art shop, live in a cabin and enjoy nature lol!  She is constantly looking up the temperature in Georgetown and in Waterloo!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Lets all remember, through all the chaos of life, what we are thankful for.  Some of us are on the mountain right now while others of us are in the storm.  But God is there.  In the midst of it all, God is there, and for that, we can truly be thankful.

Baa
 


Comments

Popular Posts