Week 44: Fluorescent Acylic Pour for Halloween


So here are my creations for the trick or treaters on Halloween.  Ginger's two favorite patterns that I do, in what has become a Halloween tradition for us.  Takes about 3 hours to finish them both.  This year, however, instead of candles, I used these waterproof led lights that I could control by remote.  They were definitely a hit.  And the cauldron.  That was my big project this year.  Using a mist maker, two waterproof led's, and a plastic cauldron I was able to create it and put the wire through the plastic with a well placed hole that a piece of rubber kept water in.  Of course, Ginger's favorite is handing out the candy.  It does not surprise me, my beautiful extrovert.

Meanwhile, back at the lab (studio), I have still been experimenting.  For those that don't know I love fluorescent colors.  So it should not come as a surprise that I created something this Halloween season:


This is what it looks like lit up with a black light that I have.  Once again, this one was a work in progress that I did not think would turn out (I had to start again by scrapping the paint off) but then my second time around this turned up. 

And my work station:


I worked under blue light so I could see the paints easier and then I would flash the black light to see how things were progressing.  I created this piece using a swipe technique with plastic cling wrap.  Still having lots of fun!  It's fun taking pictures of these and it actually has sparked some photography ideas that I am mulling over.  I have to get some logistics down and figure out how I am going to do things but that is the fun of it, creating.

So this week we decided, with Ginger's doctor's approval, to try to go down on her Chloziril to her lowest point since she went up when work was going really bad.  The first couple of days went fine and then, believe it or not with a bite of cookie dough, her stability turned into instability.  There were signs of problems, her hyperspirituality began to manifest a bit more.  But it was that point that things started to turn.  We waited another day, to see if things would even out but alas, it was not to be.  So last night we went back to her original dose (which is still low) and this morning things were better.  There will be ripples, but I could definitely tell a difference.  Her cocktail of medication just works the way it is. The good news is, she is much better.  And we just booked a flight for December to go visit my parents, so Ginger is loving that (just waiting for the Ticket Pending to change to Ticket Purchased). 

So why did the cookie dough incident cause such a reaction?  First, the lower Chloziril.  The second has to do with perfectionism.  With her hyperspirituality ramping up, a slip of eating dessert caused a reaction in her brain that she was not perfect anymore.  So then everything becomes lets make every decision after perfect to make up for the imperfection.  As you can see it causes a domino effect.  Add onto this Ginger's sugar addiction and it becomes a perfect storm.    We have a saying, the two year old in her mind is throwing a tantrum.  But God is good.  He helped us through this storm and now we are looking forward to the coming holiday's. 

So this morning, Halloween was taken down and fall decorations are up.  Looking forward to seeing both are families this holiday!  About time to go in the kitchen and make some Swedish meatballs!  Thank you everyone for your prayers dealing with work, it has gotten better.   

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts