Week 45 Sophie Napping and New Pours


So I love this picture.  I know I have been on the acrylic pour hobby lately, but my camera is not far from me.  This afternoon I spent time in my studio and Sophie was there keeping me company.  She loves sleeping in the afternoon sun and I have a little stool that she jumps on and sleeps while I create.  She caught me taking this picture but stayed where she was at for me to get it.  Yes, some of the highlights are blown out a bit but I don't care, the essence of the photo outweighs, at least for me, technical perfection.

So this week I was able to work on a new acrylic pour with a twist.  Someone wanted pictures in the pour.  I did some research and could find nothing.  Found plenty of photo transfers, not of actual photos.  So I had to punt.  And since the person in question is a big fan of Real Madrid (and the one who commissioned this was a Barcelona fan) I had some colors in mine.  So I did what I love to do, I went out on a wing and a prayer and just created.


This was a fun project and has given me some ideas on other projects like it.  I learned a few things but the colors blended and celled beautifully and more importantly the person it was for loved it. 

I have been working on a pour for Ginger that captured the essence of Destin.  I finally (after 3 tries before) got the colors and cells right.  I looked at this and knew, it just said Destin.  Dare I say that I can't wait to go back there again (truly the relaxation there was mind blowing).  Of course I feel the same about Rome Georgia, Waterloo, Georgetown, and Hot Springs lol. 

Here is the pour:


And then I decided to practice some more in the fire colors (because I have a new project in mind):


So we have purchased our tickets to go to Waterloo where my parents are for our anniversary.  Cannot tell you how excited I am to be able to go see them.  I know that the next month is going to fly and then we will be flying (lol). 

The weather here cannot decide what it wants to do.  It gets cold and then starts heating up again.  Tomorrow night we are suppose to be in the 20's so this should get interesting!  Before our vacation, however, Ginger's birthday is coming up!  I think she is going to be 21 or something!  At least she looks like she is 21! 

Well this weekend is going by fast.  Thank you for all your love and prayers.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week and until next week, Happy Creating!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts