Week 29: Staying Healthy


Sophie Peeking at us


So I love this picture.  There are just some shots that are a snapshot of our lives.  I converted it to black and white and I made it grainy because I just think it looks good that way.  We were sitting down to eat dinner (is anyone surprised that I had the camera on the dining room table?) and she had been sleeping but woke up and peeked over at us.  Too cute.

So my depression has started to get better.  I said last week that I could feel it clawing at the back of my mind.  It manifested itself in lack of interest.  Creativity, a big part of my life, has slowly been making it's way back into my mind.  But I have been so concentrated on making sure Ginger is taken care of that I am able to just put things on the back burner.  Well, this week I realized that I need to take care of myself so that Ginger is taken care of and has the best me that I can be.  So I had a physical this week and everything is looking well.  I scheduled a colonoscopy (I am due for one) for August 13th, and I am monitoring my blood pressure regularly at home (I have white coat syndrome.  My regular BP is 120/82 regularly, but at the doctor it is 160/85).   Ginger has an EEG and MRI scheduled for July 31st (I will be taking her).  She has been doing well, though she is still dealing with dizziness and lightheadedness when she stands up after sitting down for a long time.  Ginger is adjusting to not driving (only 9 weeks or so left!) and there is a whole lot of friends and family who have come together to get her to where she needs to go.  I come by at lunch if no one comes to get her to get her out for a few minutes for lunch.  I know what it is like to get stir crazy at home!

Work has been, well, strange.  It is really hard to deal with disorganization.  So on Friday when I was asked about why I had added an extra door to my count for efficiency apartments we are working on, I was left scratching my head.  I hadn't, my count was right, but the person had gone in, not seen the extra door and assumed I had added an extra door.  Not until they went in that morning did they realize I was right.   Did I get an apology?  Nah.  Was I a part of measuring for the new cabinets even though I had made all the measurements?  Nah.  Am I bothered by it?  Nah, not now.  I will say I had a fleeting thought of taking all my notes for the apartments and shredding them, after all, doesn't seem anyone needed them.  But that would be rash.  And I have a sneaking suspicion they will be needed.  I mean my work day consists of hey what do I do now from people, do you have this tool, do you have this supply, do you have, do you have, do you have.  Heck, saved a big mistake on Friday.    The maintenance lead at the apartments and I had a good laugh sharing stories on Friday, we both relate to each other.   I am hearing and seeing a lot of things that are not good.  But through all of this, God is good.  He is taking care of me.  And I am starting to put things in perspective.  The good news is, because I am monitoring my blood pressure I can see that I am not bringing it home.  When I walk through my door, my priority is Ginger.  Heck, when I am at work she is my priority too.  I also realize that God is putting me around certain people because they can talk to me.  I listen.  I observe.

Be in prayer for Ginger's Dad.  He is starting his second week of three weeks of radiation in Houston.  It has not been easy, but hopefully after this three weeks, things should be better.  They are staying in Houston but coming back on the weekend.  I know those who read this that are family and friends will lift him up as well.  It cannot be easy.  And Ginger's Mom has been a trooper, taking care of her Dad, and helping me with Ginger when she gets back into town.  She should get a Wife and Mom of the year award.

So there is a lot of things going on, so please just keep us all in prayer.  And August is almost here!  Which means football and fall is right around the corner!  Thank you everyone for your love and support!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts