Week 17: Sophie and the Studio

So our little fur daughter keeps us quite entertained.  This morning she was hanging out with me in the studio.  She does this cute little thing where she cocks her head to one side as if to say "What are you saying?"

What Daddy?
I did try to get some shots of her laying down but every time I put the camera down on the floor, she would perk up and walk to it.  I think I am going to build something with the Robotics set my Dad gave me to make something to sneak up on her. 

I love my studio in the morning when the sun is just rising and you get this beautiful golden sunlight into the studio. 

Morning
It really is a peaceful place for me.  Of course this is before I decided to do a little remodeling.  One of the issues I have, especially when I am doing self portraits, I cannot see the picture before I take it because I am not behind the camera.   One option was to get a video monitor for on top of my camera ($100-$200).  But I had an idea.  So I got my laptop out and set up an extra monitor so that I could connect my camera to it and remotely take pictures.  The newly revamped studio:

Rearranged
This will absolutely help my still photography as well.  Still some more changes coming, mostly to do with lighting, but thank goodness for Amazon and B&H Photo. 

So Sophie is now able to jump on the couch all by herself.  But with that comes exploring.  And Ginger called me into the living room to show me this:


No, she is not allowed onto the coffee table but this was just too cute, so I had to take a picture of it.

So I have been going through some of my old photos.  Revisiting some of them and, since my skills in Photoshop have improved, I have been able to do some fun stuff with the photos. 

So my Mom and Dad have a cat named Sarah.  I have very few pictures of her because she hid so much.  But stuck in my 1000's of pictures I found this gem and just had to show it.  After all, seems like this is the animal blog today!

Sarah
Black and White
I was able to make a few tweaks, tweaks I did not know several years ago. 


So just a little thought on recovery.  I am fond of saying just make the next right decision.  But the same can be said for making wrong decisions.  When you make the first wrong one it is just a little bit easier to make that next bad decision.  And pretty soon, after a few weeks you look and say, how did I get here?  The good news is, it is easy to stop that train.  Just make the next right decision.  Look, especially in sobriety but can be applied to so many different things, it is easy to get complacent or think we have arrived.  As long as I have been in recovery, I will never "arrive".  I still have to maintain, work my program, and constantly do an inventory of myself.  It gets easier, but it is no less important.  I believe in the HALT acronym, Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.  If I am one of those,it is pretty easy to maintain.  But get to 2, 3 or all 4 and I need to make sure  I am making sure I am doing what I can to stay on the straight and narrow.  I have a network of people that I can talk to.  I share my story as I am led.  And I have learned to fill in all the time I spent in my addiction with something else.  No one is perfect, I have made many wrong decisions.  But I have learned to do my best to turn it around quickly.  And sometimes that means having someone walk along side me to help me make those right decisions until I am on my own two feet again.  The rewards to recovery are amazing, all I have to do is look over at the couch right now, my wife is petting our little daughter as she sleeps, and know life is good.  And she is letting me watch the end of the NASCAR race instead of turning on Hallmark, I am a blessed man indeed.....

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts