Week 16: Ginger's Favorite Flower, Red Azalea's and Bunny Butts

Hello to all on this Easter Weekend!  Ginger and I have certainly enjoyed this weekend celebrating our risen Savior (He has risen indeed!).  It has been a wonderful weekend.  As I usually start out with an update on Ginger, this week is no exception.  This week was Ginger's first alone at the front desk.  To say she knocked it out of the park is an understatement.  Grand Slam.  There were a couple of things she was unsure of that she grasped quickly and the rest is history.  She absolutely loves her job and is actually talking with people coming in which is what she always wanted.  I cannot understate the power of prayer.  She had so many people praying for her and we thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts.  Prayer works.  I've been on such a heightened state of alert for the past few months this week has been a week of standing down for me.  Photography has been a way for me to stay grounded and channel any depression into my creativity.

So this week's first photograph was Ginger's request.  Friday I bought flowers for her and this flower was part of the bouquet.  She absolutely loved this flower and right away wanted a photograph of it.  I gave her a few ideas of poses for the flower, she had her vision and that is what I shot.  Took me about 20 minutes to set everything up and then I began taking shots.  She came in and watched, saw it on the screen and said that is it.  It is one thing to take a picture in my own head and recreate it, to take someone else's vision and put THAT into the physical world is something really special.  Ginger says she wants a print and frame of this one!  Here is Ginger's flower:


This next picture has a bit of a back story as well.  On Thursday we were working on a mission house.  They happened to have red azalea's and I thought I would pick a couple to take pictures of them.  Well, put them in the car and by the time I got home they had wilted.  Well, a little water and the next day they had bloomed up again, so I had a window to take a picture of them.  Once again, the first shots worked out best and I decided to keep it a little dark and moody because I loved the middle shining out.


All that was in camera and flash, no fancy burning and dodging in Photoshop!  You can barely see the second flower but it works the way I have it, at least to me!

So it seems I am developing a style that continues to evolve.  Ginger is ready for me to work for National Geographic lol! 

I have also been working on an art project for a very good friend of mine.  I cannot reveal the pictures yet, they are for a wedding, but I mention it to say this.  Artists working with artists is fun.  Passing off ideas, working together, and putting a vision together.  Who knew that two old pictures and a picture of a sequin purse could turn into something amazing!  More to come, just thought I'd let everyone know that projects are in the works!

A special shout out to Asia who made something I never have heard of before, bunny butts:


Pretzels, peanut butter, marshmallow and pink flowers!  Good job Asia!


Hope everyone has a wonderful week, thank you for all the prayers and encouragement for my photography!  He has risen indeed!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts