Week 46: X-ray Leaf and Icy Eye

So I saw a picture this week of a decaying leaf that was put in Photoshop and put through an x-ray filter.  I was intrigued.  But it takes a certain type of leaf to be able to pull off the effect.  I looked around for that decayed type of leaf but didn't find what I was looking for.  Then I went out to Lindale on Saturday for project day, as we call it now!  I was getting rid of some things at the hay trash pile and there it was.  I couldn't believe it.  I was in the right place at the right time, felt like God just led me right to it!  It had to be somewhat transparent.


This was a one in a million find.  So then I loaded it into Photoshop.  Using Silver Efex, I put it through a Film Noir black and white filter.  Then I inverted the colors, put a blue filter on it, and used Curves. 






This was one of those that I played with several times experimenting with different techniques.  In the end Ginger helped me narrow it down to the winner.  Just an artsy, abstract piece of art that was fun to create.  Of course my studio has equipment all over it and leaves everywhere.  Alas, the life of an artist!


I have been looking for fire ring brushes for Photoshop and I found some by Xresch.  So decided to do a little playing around with a picture of my eye and a blue and white fire ring.


Just something to have fun with!  When asked what I like to do in photography I really like photomanipulation. 

I have been mulling around  getting a new lense, just in time for vacation and Christmas.  I need something with good range because I cannot take good pictures of the moon right now.  I've been checking out the Sigma 150-600mm Sports Lens.  Since I have nothing above 100mm, it will fill a gap that I am in need of filling. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts