Week 24: Levitating with the Moon: Touch the Sky

So this week's main picture was an inspiration.  It is a combination of techniques that came together. 


 The techniques themselves included levitating, layer masking for the moon and the tricky part of putting my fingers over the moon, and using the self timer since this was a self portrait.   I'm loving using Silver Efex Pro 2 for my black and white images.

The photo itself was inspired by a song by Hillsong United, Touch the Sky.  Right now it is one of my favorite worship songs.   The lyrics say:

What fortunes lies beyond the stars
Those dazzling heights too vast to climb
I got so high to fall so far
But I found heaven as love swept low.

The picture says, at least for me, heaven is attainable, no matter what I have done in my life.  I can touch the sky and God will meet me where I am at.  In other words, God is approachable.  I am a Christian and yet I do not pretend to be perfect.  My belief is to live my life as an example.  I have failed miserably at times and I have had soaring victories.   I believe that sparks discussion.  I believe in meeting people where they are at, regardless of who they are and what they believe.  Not judging them because we all have a voice.  I have no problem talking about my life, my failures and victories, my testimony nor do I mind listening to others talk about theirs.   I am not defined by my failures nor will I dwell on them. 

So on other notes, I took a picture in the midst of the above picture a "ghostly picture"


Just a fun picture and taken quite by accident.  Of course we do joke about the ghost in our apartment, who's name is Spooky.  Spooky actually sits on my night stand....and has a pumpkin in his hand.....

During the week, I had a little friend that would show up each morning, busy spinning it's web.  I took several shots of the spider and the web but this picture, which at first I thought wasn't going to be very good because it was underexposed, turned out to be my favorite:



Last week work was busy, hectic, and challenging.  But I am blessed.  Saturday I get to go out and work for a few hours in a completely different type of environment.  The stress begins to shed off and I get to listen as God speaks to me.  Sometimes it is lessons I have learned through the week.  Areas that I need to improve upon or areas of success.  I am affirmed, I am valued, I am loved.  And instead of looking at my problems I get to look at how I have grown.  For example.  Use to be afraid of horses.  Gretchen has changed that.  I can walk up to her, pet her, talk to her, and I swear she knows who I am! 

I do not know what this week will bring, but I know that God will be with me.

Baa


Comments

Popular Posts