Week 8: Macro Flower Photography

So my go to lens of late is my 100mm Macro f/2.8 lens.  I especially like the Macro feature which allows me a 1:1 ratio and some pretty good close up shots.  I am pushing my T3i to its absolute limit with the macro shots but the price of perseverance is:






This was a rather tricky flower to photograph (it is a type of dandelion, who knew!?!).  Little did I know I had one photo shoot opportunity for this flower.  Seems if you pull a stray piece out a snowball effect happens and they all come out!  Luckily I was able to get about 10 shots off before I decided to tidy up the flower and it disappeared!

So I decided to stay along the dandelion route.  I wanted a shot that highlighted the yellow on a black background:





These flowers will wilt pretty quickly.  After 2 hours I went into my studio and the same flower above looked like this:





 One of the more unusual pieces that we have in our house is from a little flower shop called Moss.  If you never have been there it is worth a trip to go in and look around. Ginger and I bought a little dried flower and for the life of me I cannot remember what it is called.  But for taking pictures it is pretty cool:






If any of you looking at this know what type of flower this is, please comment to me and let me know!


In other news, beyond the photography, I had been growing my hair out just, well, just because.  Ginger had wanted me to grow it out, so I did.  Well, she had been hinting for a haircut, so yesterday I got a haircut.  An 8 inches of hair haircut!  Yep, nice and short now, and I am pretty happy with it.  Ginger is happy with it and, of course, both our Mom's are absolutely thrilled!






I hope everyone is doing well, God has been guiding Ginger and I and it is exciting to see how God is working!  I am loving the new group I am in, Loved One's of those with a Mental Difficulty/Disorder and Ginger is loving hers for people with a Mental Difficulty/Disorder.  It is a subject that is dear to both of our hearts.  Where will it lead?  God has not revealed that yet, we are just enjoying the journey!  Have a good week Everyone!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts