And now the rest of the story

My new job is going well. It is a different feeling entirely, having a regular 8:30 to 5:30, Monday through Friday job. Don't get me wrong, it was that why for awhile at my previous job, but then things started getting sporadic. But I don't want to focus on the past here, that season is over, and the new one has begun.

So how did I get this job. Well, I will, and always will, say God. My previous boss, with financial problems looming, decided to get a maintenance lead job at an apartment complex. While waiting for his approval, he suggested I go in and fill out an application. I was given a little piece of advise, however, don't talk about my addiction past. In other words, prevent myself in the best light as possible. Well, that didn't settle with my spirit at all. It troubled me. So, what did I do? When I went in to interview and fill out an application I looked at the manager and said, look I have some things I need to tell you before we even start this process about me. I didn't shy away from anything, I was honest, and quite honestly felt only God could give me the job at that point. But my spirit was at peace. I was given, by the way, another piece of advise, ask for way more than I make. Well, once again, I asked God to direct me in that area, and I put what God directed me too. In fact, it is what I usually make now. When he found out I didn't ask for more he was upset, I should've asked for more, if I were him, blah blah blah.

However, I've always asked God to put me where He wants me. My life is not mine, it's His. And sometimes that means not pursuing what the world wants. Well, two weeks later I was given the approval. The job is a little over 30 miles away in Longview and a few people think I'm crazy for driving so far to work. But you know what, I have a peace. I am going to be in charge of painting, which I love, and helping to fix up the apartments (they were built in the 70's). It is my belief God has me here for a purpose that He knows and I haven't been given the insight on. God gives me glimpses, being a witness among those who don't walk with God, but I rely on Jesus to give me strength. He is stretching me there, but you know what, I'm growing. And He has prepared me. I love to paint, have experience with it, and maintenance, handy man things, well, I come from a good line of handy men...Just ask my Mom.....I've already fixed things like a toilet, broken drawers, and leaking shower fixtures oh yeah, drywall.

As His sheep, we follow Him. I'm learning a greater dependence on God, to keep my car healthy, to provide as always, and to trust Him and to live as an example so that Christ can be shown through me. Walking the Christian walk is not always easy, but you know what, when you do the right thing, there is a great peace in your heart....

By the way, thank you Tanna for the BAA! My parents were pretty excited too!

Baa

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts