Week 5: Acrylic Pours Abound

 


 So this week has been a roller coaster.  Actually it was the beginning of the week that was the roller coaster, the ending has found us in a really good place.  

Last Saturday night Ginger had one of the worst anxiety attacks she has ever had.  You may have heard of a psychotic break.  An irrational fear and racing thoughts began to envelope Ginger and ramp up really quickly.  It had to do with a situation we have been dealing with someone whose idea of letting us know they are unhappy is to slam a door as loud as they can and scream (we cannot hear them but our neighbors can).  I have been married to Ginger for over 11 years and this is one of the top 3 most scariest moments I have witnessed with her.  If her medication didn't work the next step would have been the hospital.  It was that bad.  But God is good.  He allowed the medication to work (and she took quite a dose to help) and I talked with her and stayed by her till the tide turned and she began to calm down.  If you have never been around someone in the middle of a psychosis event you will not understand.  If you have you know.  It lasted close to 2 hours.

At this point we knew we had to do something.  Since I have been married to Ginger her health has been one of my top concerns.  I promised her parents when I asked for her hand I would take care of her.  So Ginger called our landlord to see if there was something that could be done.  And God went to work.  I will never forget the call I got from our wonderful landlords on the way back from a job in Chandler.  A house, a street away, was going to become available.  For me, it was an answer to prayer.  For Ginger, it was a struggle of, can God work that fast?   Yes!  So began a process of talking with our accountability groups, long talks with Ginger, hearing concerns from Ginger's parents.  God worked on hearts, especially mine to be mindful of the fact that Ginger has a voice in this.  And I remember when we were both in agreement, where it just clicked and we knew.  This was it.  This was going to be our new home.  From renting an apartment to renting a house.  There are so many things God revealed.  And the generosity of our landlords cannot be understated.  I love the fact that it will have a yard in back that Sophie can play in. 

So this is, God willing, what our new house looks like:

We will get to see the inside soon, but we know we will love it.  One of the guys I work with knows the neighbors around the house (and has actually lived a few houses down before) and says they are a tight knit community.  And let me say this.  When Ginger knew there would be closure, that the end of the stressor was in sight, she got better.  Much better.  This move, more than anything, is about Ginger's sanity and keeping her mind in a safe place.  The bonus is, with 3 bedrooms, she will get a puzzle/makeup/candle/lotion room!

As we see it, and it gets closer to us getting in I will let everyone know.  We are going to hire movers, just seems easier that way, and we will begin packing slowly.  We have lived in this apartment for over 11 years.  We will still be by our closest friends and Sophie's God parents, Nathan and Kayla, who will still be really close (and we will celebrate with a chicken wing/chicken breast cookout when we move in!)

So with everything calming down and even getting a call from the person we have had issues with on and off (everything is fine, for now lol) I have been back in the studio, doing pours.  I realized I have a certain style and I am working on perfecting it.  I think I got caught up in all the styles you can do and it just caused me to freeze.  Then I just decided, I want to do this for a while.  So I have been experimenting with making a certain series of colors that looks one way in regular light and then glows in black light.  I have also been studying the way the colors interact with each other, what goes best on top and bottom, what color to swipe with.  Oh yes, there is a huge science to this.

So this particular one, Ginger came in right in time.  I was going to swipe it with one color and she said no!  So glad I listened to her.  I love winter colors and this is one of my all time favorites, in fact, in my top 2.


Now this is just absolutely gorgeous as it is.  But when I put the black light to it....

 

The blue fluorescent paint throughout just makes everything glow.  This thing is a work of art and is going to be hung up in the new house.  And it goes with a coaster pour I did months ago:



I also did quite a colorful one and found this in it:

So for you fantasy/sci fi buffs, can you see the dwarf?  I see a dwarf face, with sunglasses, a mohawk and long beard.  I'll help you:


Are those Oakley's?

Might be time to think about selling some of these lol!

 So February might get a  little busy for us but by the time my birthday comes around we are hoping all the dust will settle.  Thank you all for your prayers, support, and advise!  Lots of love!


Baa


 



Comments

Popular Posts