Week 1 (and some 50-52 pics): A New Year and Lots of Pictures!

 Well I took a little break.  Okay, maybe a big break.  Unintentional at first, I decided to go ahead and just take pictures and take a big hiatus from social media except for the occasional advise giving in one of the groups I am in or encouragement.  Things got a little crazy after Christmas but have calmed down and now there is a peaceful calm.  

In that time, however, I went to Iowa with Ginger to see my parents.  I hadn't seen my Dad since his second surgery on his back and I was...anxious to see how him and my Mom were doing.  They are doing great!  I got to take a LOT of pictures of their cats, I got to see the Swedish Bible that came with our ansector's from Sweden on my Dad's side and take some pictures of it (Thank you Chelsea!).  I also got a bunch of pictures to do a photo book.  When I got back I got to take pictures of the Great Conjunction and on Christmas I got a treat with a special shot of Jupiter.  I was also able to get into the studio and practice (on myself) with flash and get some self portraits.  In short, I spent a LOT of time taking pictures and enjoying that process.  I still have my sights on the Canon R5 and I am saving my extra money for the almost $4000 camera.  Some people like cars, some people like vacations, I like camera's.  And since it has been over 4 years since I got a new one and technology has advanced like crazy, I am going to be in dream mode for a bit.  But I will be patient....

So a month's worth of pictures.....

Well, get ready.....

Okay let's start off with one of my favorites.  Dad, in his chair and one of the cats "sharing" the chair with him!

Both these kittens were happy indeed, though not quite sure about strangers lol.  But they did warm up to the camera as I took shots:













These were my favorite's.  And the Swedish Bible, this thing was so cool!  And I found my favorite verse, Isaiah 40:31 in Swedish!




Now the Monday that I got back everyone was a buzz about the Great Conjunction.  The Christmas star.  So that Monday I was able to get a shot or two and then on Christmas I got Jupiter and it's stripes!

The Great Conjunction



The above was a happy accident.  My camera focused on the trees instead of the planet and the stripes came out clear.  I was jumping for joy on the balcony!

So with the new year and some time off I was able to get all the decorations put up and then get into the studio to do some photography (and hopefully some pours later!).  But first a shot that just screamed to me to make a surreal shot so I decided to have a little fun, kind of a come into the portal of my mind and see the madness that helps me to create lol!

Welcome to My Madness

And then I set up a two, then three light set up and set about to practice some shots with yours truly (The first is Ginger's least favorite, because I am not smiling, her favorite is, I believe, the last one):





It has been fun to not have any pressure to create or even to produce content.  I needed the break.  I have started another 52 week challenge, so you can look forward to more pictures and more excerpts from Ginger and I's wonderful life.  I pray everyone had a wonderful holiday, we did, celebrating Jesus' birth.  Hopefully, next year, there will not be anything called a quarantine.  

Baa

 P.S.  Usually I do a post of my favorite picture I took of the last year.  Earlier in the year Josey met Sophie for the first time.  This is one of my all time favorite shots.  By the way, Josey looooves Sophie and wants to see her often.  It is about the cutest thing ever.


So I could not decide between these two.  This is Kayla's sister.  And she loooooved Sophie.  This was not a planned shooting, I happen to grab my camera and these two made memories.


Sophie loves her Momma.  Getting some love from her this was another shot that I just adored.

In the end it's a tie.  I cannot decide.  All have a common theme, Sophie.  But in a year of quarantine and COVID, Sophie, Josey, Kayla's sister, and my wife made things a bit more cheery.  


Happy New Year!

 

Comments

Popular Posts