Week 4" Proverbs 3:5-6


So last week I ended with just kind of wondering what God was doing.  I'd been mentioning work and not going into detail because I felt God saying no, let's not go there right now.  I also have been reading Proverbs and God has been talking to me in the early morning as I meditate and, well, has given me some answers.

You see, I was wondering what God was doing.  Well, He is working on me.  Don't get me wrong, work is work, and you have to set boundaries and such, wrong is wrong and no matter what is going on there, ultimately it is God I work for.  And these situations, well, they have brought me to studying Proverbs and pressing in closer to Him.  He has revealed to me some issues I have with rejection.  But there is so much more.  He is teaching me that there are times to talk and times not too.  Sometimes it is wise to keep your tongue.  After all, arguing with a fool or a scoffer or even one that does not want to hear what you have to say, or is not open to what you have to say can make you look foolish and can cause arguments.

And I am going back to my first love.  I started this blog to show what God was doing and teaching in my and Ginger's life.  It seems, maybe, I veered off the path a bit, between showing pictures and even venting about how, sometimes, life can be unfair.  Don't get me wrong, the pictures won't change and will keep coming, this blog is still about showing my pictures but it is also about what God is doing.  Some of my favorite verses are above, Proverbs 3:5-6.  Trust in God (and you can see my hand written notes in my favorite Bible!)

And God has used Ginger, mightily, in helping me with keeping my tongue.  I am learning the difference between censorship and wisely keeping my mouth shut.  When I get hurt sometimes I just want to blast it out on my blog in the hopes whoever hurt me reads it.  Get my pound of flesh.  But as we learned today, Romans 12:19, Vengeance is mine saith the Lord.  and 12:21, Do not overcome by evil but overcome evil with good.  After all, I am a sinner as well.  We will all have to answer to our sins and evil will be overcome.  My sins have been covered by Christ.  And everyone has a choice.  We will all have to pay.  Either Christ will pay the debt, or you will.  So I have to remember that I am fallible too, I am a sinner as well, so I do not need to be wise in my own eyes (see above picture).

I hadn't felt very creative lately, the uninterest in things I find interesting is a sign of depression.  But since I have been pressing in and trying to discern what God is trying to tell me that creativity is coming back.  Someone wrote on a post I shared on Facebook, a very dear person in Ginger and I's life and I have to share this.  There is such profound wisdom in this:


On every given day we do not have to do anything we do not want. Nothing.

Make your day according to you, not according to what anyone else thinks you should do and feel.

“Every day we have a new opportunity to become a happier version of ourselves”

Grasp each day. Live each day. See the beauty in each day.


 Do not live according to what others think you should do and feel.  Wow.  My view of work is changing.  Nothing at work has really changed, doesn't need to now, and I don't need to talk about it.  Because God is changing me.  And through work He is making me stronger and teaching me more and more to rely on Him.  So the strife, the storms, are they worth it to get me to this point:  That is a resounding yes.  I am so much more at peace.  And I look forward to seeing what future God has in store for Ginger and I.  I finally heard the birds singing again today, a reminder that if God takes care of the sparrow, how much more will He take care of us.

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts