Week 3: Sarah

Sarah

So this is Sarah.  My Mom and Dad, sadly, had to say goodbye to her, temporarily, until they are reunited in heaven.  This is one of my favorite shots of her that I took.  I have a little story about Sarah.  When I went up to see my parents after getting sober, Sarah was a very shy kitty.  But having never met me she came out to see me when I was there.  It was a litmus test of sorts.  I had light in my eyes and Sarah seemed to give her seal of approval!  When Abraham passed she became less shy but she was always Mom's cat and you could find her either in the quilt room or under the couch upstairs!  She is being missed tremendously by my Mom and Dad.  Ginger knows the pain of losing a pet well, with Sadie, but Sophie has helped heal.  Sarah was a beloved family member that will be missed.  But at this moment, I have to believe, she is being chased Abraham, her brother, in heaven.

So I was able to work at the ranch this weekend.  It was nice to get out there on the land, catch up with Rebecca, and enjoy nature.  And, or course, there are always critters out there.  Like this one.  (Mom, you are not going to like this picture lol!)

Carolina Wolf Spider

This is a wolf spider.  Funny thing was I did not notice it for a while.  And then the sheep started making noises and there it was on a bench watching me.  So I had to get creative being hand held but I think I captured a pretty sharp shot!  They are not super poisonous.  Not many people will get two inches to a spider for a shot!  And Rebecca is always gracious to allow me to take pictures on her land!

So as I have read in Proverbs this week, God has really been talking to me.  I have been learning a lot about when to speak and when not to speak.  I have been dealing with headaches lately and my doctor seems to think, at least right now, it is stress related.   I alluded to things at work last week and it has gotten to the point that I am having to make some changes.  Certainly I could put work on blast (talk about all the stuff going on) but God through Proverbs, it seems, is advising me against that at this point.  I know, this blog has been a safe place to vent because I have not worried about what others have thought and I do my best to use those situations to show what God is doing in my life.  And every time I feel censored (just part of my artistic nature) my depression spikes and that could be one of the contributing factor to the headaches.  But God is teaching me to stay my tongue.  Some things are just better off not said.  It takes discernment.  And maybe God does not want it known.  Maybe He has warned the affected parties enough.  Maybe He is working on hearts.  Maybe it is me He is strengthening.  It comes down to trust.  God is in control of my future and I have a dream.  Now whether that dream becomes reality, only God knows, but I will trust God. 

So it is time now to go sit next to my lovely wife, who is watching Hallmark.  Sophie is waiting patiently for my lap as well.  Thank you everyone for your prayers, love and support.  So while Ginger watches Hallmark I am going to study Photoshop.  Cheers!

Baa


Comments

Popular Posts