Week 50 and 51 Merry Christmas from Paul, Ginger and Sophie!


 Merry Christmas from the Peterson family!



 So yes, those that noticed, I did not write a blog last week.  I had just gotten back from vacation and I needed to take care of some things and there is always a bit of a mood drop just because I am away from my parents again and work is looming again.  But projects were awaiting.  So first of all, my parents, how young they still are!


So for those that don't know, I have a rather goofy side.  I do not show it often in public, but around trusted friends and family.  If you wonder where I get it from let me show you exhibit a:


Now this shot caused us all to have such laughter we were almost crying, in fact I think we were!  This is one of my favorite shots of the trip, in fact of the year!  Now if you are coming from Facebook I am not putting this on there, this is for those clicking the link and reading my blog, consider it a members only picture!  Oh goodness we laughed, and Mom, well this was THE picture of her she loved and Dad made that face!  Classic.  And I am just like my Dad.....

So some cute pictures of Sophie from her perch in my studio:



She loves the sunlight and this is where she goes many times to wait and see when we come home.  My favorite quilt seems to be hers too lol.

So this week I got to do a photo shoot for our wonderful neighbors and their new born Audrey.  2 hours and 200 photos later, quite a few clothing changes, lots of laughter and even some sugar water, we had some good photos to choose from, or they did.  Audrey is a very photogenic baby and this was one of my favorite shots:





There were lots and they came over today to go over the photos and were happy with the results.  This was such a cool shoot.  And I lose all sense of time when I am taking the shots.  I guess when you are having fun (like taking the funny shot with my Mom and Dad), there is just a sense of joy and contentment. 

I still have photos to edit (I have a series for my Dad I am currently editing) but everything is back to manageable.  It has been over 2 weeks since I have been in the studio to do some acrylic pours and I am so ready to get back in there and create again (I have a few orders to fulfill).   I am hoping in the next few days I will have some time to make some new creations and try some new techniques. 

It is tempting to call into work tomorrow and just say I will take the day off without pay (I get Tuesday and Wednesday off), but I won't.  I will definitely be looking forward to 5 though!  I love being an artist, but I don't want to be a starving one lol!

So next week will be my annual favorite pictures of the year blog.  There will be some new one's but then I will go through the year and pick my favs.  52 weeks worth, lol.  I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and remember, Jesus is the reason for the season!

Baa



Comments

Popular Posts