Week 48 Thanksgiving and Acrylic Pour Tiles

Thanksgiving weekend.  It has been a fabulous 4 days.  It has been a time celebrating with friends and family as well as being there for others who need someone there for them.  Yes, there is lots of food, football, and even shopping, for those that brave the masses, but the biggest thing for me is being thankful.  I have a very blessed life.  Not a perfect life, not a everything is always great life, but I am blessed to be surrounded by God, family, and friends who walk with me in the highs and lows of life.  I am blessed that in a week, at this time, I pray I am in Iowa, sitting in my parents house, all cozy and feeling at home.  And Ginger is just as excited!  She can't wait to take her hats, scarves, gloves, and coats and enjoy the weather in Iowa lol!  But through it all, I do want to remember the Reason for the Season:



Just a reminder, Christmas is not about food, presents, shopping, long lines, bad traffic, etc.  It is, however, a time that we remember that our Savior came to this world so that we would have atonement for our sins.  Ginger is reading a chapter of Luke each day in December (24 chapters) up to Christmas.  Something I think we could all benefit from.  Just some food for thought.

And I decided to expand my artistic expression in qcrylic pouring.  I saw a tutorial about something and they were using ceramic tile.  So I began studying the technique and began to practice.  My first shot at it:


Once again my first and my favorite.  So using purple, green, silver and white I made some more:


FYI, these are a blast to make.  And because you are using less paint, if you mess up just wipe it off and start again!  So I decided to use some Christmas colors and came up with:


Ginger's favorite is the one on the right.  Mine was my first with these colors:


And this is the one where I really got the technique down with the lightning type veins that go through the paint.  And tile is very cheap to buy (I got a lot of different sizes for around 6 dollars and will be making some more!).

The thing about these are you have to let the paint cure and then you put some Miniwax Polycrilic (or sealer) on it.  It is a bit of a longer process to the finished product but these could actually be used as coasters, the bigger ones (which I have some) can be used for bigger items.  Or they can be put up as works of art.  All these pictures were taken with my camera, fyi, and I am looking forward to taking some shots in Iowa.  

So the closer that Saturday gets, the closer my mind will be in Iowa.  I am really looking forward to it.  The whole airport process I am not looking forward to, but the flying for me is the easiest part.  I cannot WAIT to see my parents!  So enjoy the pictures everyone.

FYI, I will be writing my blog on the road next week!  

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts