Week 49 Iowa Vacation

So yes the blog is late.  The fact is that I have been enjoying myself and relaxing with my beautiful wife and wonderful parents this week.  It is nice to be able to get up and just lay in bed and read, or go back to sleep, or look out the window and see we got snow last night!





Even though it is 12 degrees right now with a zero wind chill, it is nice and cozy in my parents warm home.  It is nice to get up and have no agenda really.  We can read, play games on our devices, work on a puzzle or Ginger can watch all the Hallmark she wants, though she is now on her second book reading.  And the food.  Saturday night we had ham and their special gravy, with mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry relish (I learned something new to do to mine!), and a pumpkin pecan pie.  Now I am not a big pumpkin eater, but this pie is to absolute die for.  The best of pecan and pumpkin in one!  Of course the ham sandwiches the next day were delish too. 

Ginger is quite relaxed.  Her allergies have not bothered her so it seems Sarah the cat and Ginger are getting along nicely!  I have been able to have some good talks with my parents and usually you can find my Dad and I in the living room reading or playing games. 

And it is the relaxation I need.  Coming up here is a recharge.  It's not that I don't have responsibility up here but it is a slower pace.  Nothing is urgent.  I don't have to get stuff done now right this minute.  And when I got here I put my phone on vibrate.  I have had a few work related calls, mostly from contractors, but I don't mind, easy calls to take care of and work is definitely waiting for me when I get back. 

Dad and I get to share in some nightly ice cream eating while we watch shows we both enjoy (Curse of Oak Island and Vikings).  And I got to watch football with my parents Saturday and Sunday!  Today I get to visit with my grandmother (she is 94 and as fiesty as ever) and tonight I get to visit with my cousin and her daughter.  You outta see when we get together! 

So a couple of pictures.  First Ginger looking as pretty as ever:


I don't know anyone that looks more adorable in a stocking hat (my parents got her), a scarf, and just cuteness overload.  Tomorrow we celebrate 10 years of marriage and it has been bliss.  God truly blessed me with such a wonderful, God loving, loyal wife.  She loves me so much and she still has a way of looking at me that melts my heart.  I love her so!

And then there is me.  Usually leading up to a vacation I am super busy at work so my hair decides to be unruly and long.  So it was time to clean up a little bit:



I clean up well.  Though I did not bring a razor or clippers decided I would be grizzly adams for a week!  Of course then the white in my beard comes out, but I don't mind!

I have had some moments to take pictures but mostly I have just been relaxing and letting ideas come to me not only for photographs but acrylic pours.  I have been watching videos to hone my skills and even come up with some new techniques.  Apparently there is a certain sect of artists who think that keeping their techniques and pour recipes are a closely guarded secret and others are letting those secrets out.  For me I just want to experiment and have happy accidents.  Art should be fun, or be able to tell a story, or share your emotions and thoughts.  I do realize that some rely on it for income and so certain techniques are part of their livelihood.  I am not trying to take their work, I just want to enjoy mine.


So today, after our dusting of now yesterday, Dad got out the new snow blower.  This thing looks like a lot of fun and it is battery powered!  Fun watching my Dad out there snow blowing and I even got to help shovel some snow!  Here are my Mom and Dad posing with the blower!



And here I am dressed for the arctic:


This vacation is flying by.  But I am sleeping through the night, no circles under my eyes, and not thinking about work at all.  I am thinking about pours, photography, my beautiful wife, and fun time with my parents. 

So it is almost time to go see my grandmother.  Hope everyone is having a good week and I should be back next week......  Oh we will, we miss Sophie and our neighbors who are taking good care of her!

Lots of love and prayers from Iowa!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts