Week 41 and Week 42: Colonoscopy and Acrylic Pours


So for those of you that noticed, I did not post a blog last week.  I was awaiting my Colonoscopy on Tuesday so I was a bit occupied in my over active mind.  I get that way.  I had talked to my parents earlier in the week which put my mind to ease about a lot of things but there was still that unknown thing.  I need not have worried.

I owe a big thank you (and he has been thanked) to my good friend Matt who gave me a good piece of advice.  Start eating softer foods the weekend before.  In other words, I ate soup and crackers for the most part on Saturday and Sunday.  Then on Monday, because I could not eat, so I had Glacier Cherry Gatorade (it is a cloudy white) before I started the prep.  It made all the difference in the world.  So the prep liquid, which I heard tasted horrible, apparently mine did not, it tasted like pineapple (plus I mixed country time lemonade with it).  And it tasted quite okay.  Of course there is no getting around it, your going to go to the bathroom, A LOT.  But by an hour after finishing both preps (Monday night/Tuesday Morning) everything was done. 

I had a wonderful doctor and his team of nurses and assistants.  The worst part, getting the IV because I was dehydrated.  They got it on the second try.  But all in all, that was the worst of it.  I remember nothing other than seeing my beautiful wife when I woke up and learning I had two benign polyps (2 mm, 5mm) removed.  And now I have 5 years to wait till my next one, but I know what to do now to make it as easy as possible.  (And I write all this for those that will come here looking at Colonoscopy searches and see that not everything is so bad).

 So a couple of weeks ago I did a photo shoot for a friend of mine who wanted his remodeled house that he had done showcased.  One of my favorite shots was this one, their kitchen is just beautiful.  That counter top is concrete, the second one I have seen done like this.  It is a time consuming process but it looks fantastic.



 So for the past couple of weeks I have been researching Acrylic Pours.  Actually, I have been interested in trying it for awhile since I first saw a picture of the technique, but since my mind was otherwise occupied, this allowed the creative part of my brain to continue to engage.  So Saturday Ginger and I decided to go to the grand opening of the new Hobby Lobby (and get her some puzzles) I decided to pick up a starter kit and see if I even 1) would like it and 2) if I was any good at it.  Soooo, last night with Ginger napping I decided to try it, this is my first attempt (these are 8 x 10 canvases):


It is one of those things you do and go Wow, how did I do that!  So I decided to get a couple more canvases and try some more.  (Ginger and I's favorite is still the first one)






This one is inspired by Ginger and the colors of Destin's beautiful water.  And my latest:





There is a little of a learning curve and tricks I am starting to learn but it is fun!  This does not mean I am not photographing.  Far from it, it inspires me more and gives me something different to play with when I have a creative block.  The process I am using right now is called a Dirty Pour, which means you put all the paint in a cup and dump it on the canvas.  Your suppose to use gloves, which I did not, and now I have painted hands, but as a painter I am use to that.  And tomorrow I am buying some gloves!  But then again, I am one of those artists that likes to get messy!  If people like them they might make good gifts lol! 

So my last picture is a favorite of mine I took in this two week expanse.  Sophie loves to sleep on my legs but one of her favorite spots is to curl up next to Mommy.  Yes, Sophie is a Daddy's girl but she is Mommy's little girl and those two love to hang out with each other!  And Sophie can now jump up and down off the bed with the chest at the end of it and she loves sleeping in my studio with the sun coming in.  Okay, the picture:



It just melts my heart seeing these two sleeping so peacefully.  My world.  We live a simple life and love it that way.  So now you are caught up.  I have been working on some props for Halloween but those will be featured next week along with some thoughts about Halloween.  Until then, thank you everyone for the prayers, love and support!

Baa



Comments

Popular Posts