Week 40: Sophie turns 2!!!!!

Look who turned two!!!!!!


Yep, this week our little one turned two!  She is excited, the blur of her tail shows how she is wagging it.   It seems like yesterday she was fitting in the palm of our hands.  But this one from day one has captured our hearts and been a part of our family.  Ginger wanted a dog that licked.  Boy, did she get her wish!  But after a hard day of work or a hard day for Ginger, this one can jump in your lap and make your hard day just go away.

So sometimes I am asked what I do on Saturday's in Lindale. Well, the answer is, I never know what I am going to do (and I like that).  Lately, I have been clearing brush.  Here is a before and after with a time interval of 3 hours.



Now there is a nice area for a picnic table next to the stream.  It is hot and hard work and sometimes your hands feel like they are not going to close.  But it is one of my favorite jobs of all time.  I love clearing brush.  There is such a satisfaction of taking something overgrown and making it beautiful.  And I have a knack for getting vines out of trees.  But you have to wear welding gloves to pull them because of the thorns.  And with the temperature fixing to drop tomorrow, it won't be such a humid affair.

So this week I was able to add and update my photography studio.  Okay, first, I love antiques.  So when Ginger's family was looking for a home for a table with mirror (they called it a make up table, but that is not what I am using it for) I could picture it in the studio.  So with a little rearrangement I was able to put this wonderful piece in the studio.  So we have pieces from both of Ginger's Grandmother's and they will definitely stay within the family.


I need a table at times for my macro work and this is going to allow me not only to do that but do some creative projects that are on my list of things to be done.  Here is a picture of the studio now:


I love all the windows and I have worked hard to give this room some ambience.  Yes, there is a quilt in there, that is from my mother, a special quilt for a special time. 

Yes, there is a lot of room.  I need it, especially when I bring out all the flashes and equipment.  To the left (you cannot see) are two big shelves that I have a curtain that I can cover them.  That is where all the equipment is and all the props and ideas.  So I have a photography studio and then I have my computer command post in the living room.  Ginger has her Bible Study command post on the dining room table and Hallmark (and now TLC).  We are both happy campers indeed.

Ginger had a doctor's appointment this week.  It was a really good visit and we learned so much especially about how to move forward with Ginger's medicine.  Thank you for all the prayers.  When someone deals with Bipolar, having an excellent doctor is a Godsend, and that we have.  

So this week the temperature is suppose to drop down.  In fact, by the weekend we could apparently see some lows in the 40's.  We shall see but going from humidity in the high 90's to 70's is going to be welcomed indeed. 

Well it is time to go sit next to my lovely wife.  It has been a busy weekend and it is time to relax a bit.  Thank you everyone for your prayers and your support! 

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts