Week 19: Mother's Day, Storm clouds, and Fish


So today is Mother's Day.  I am blessed to have a wonderful mother, a wonderful mother in law and a beautiful wife who is Mommy to our little fur daughter Sophie.

It's nice being able to text my Mom this morning and let her know how much she means to me.  I have friends who have lost their Mom's and I know it is tough on them around this time of year.  I know that I am blessed as well because my mother truly loves me and has done everything she can for me, most importantly praying for me.  I will continue to say it, I am here because of my Mom and Dad's prayers.  I believe that a Mother's prayer has a special place in God's heart.  Just my opinion.  He hears their cries, catches their tears, and comforts them in times of storms.   I have one of those mothers who wants the best for their children and her prayers reflect that.  And as her "walking testimony to the power of prayer", I live a life that is a gift.  To say I love my Mom is an understatement, I would do anything in my power for her.

I am also blessed with a wonderful mother in law.  Believe me, I have heard stories of bad one's, I do not have one of those.  Ginger has a very close relationship with her Mom.  And her Mom has treated me as a son and given me quite a bit of encouragement especially in my artwork.   And when we go over there for the holiday's there is a LOT of food to eat, family moments to share, and lots of laughter.

And then there is Ginger, Mom to our lil fur daughter Sophie!  Ginger is such a good mother and Sophie just adores her.  Her favorite places to be are on Ginger's lap or wrapped around her head when Ginger is sleeping.  And Sophie has an uncanny ability to know when Ginger does not feel good mentally.  She senses her mood.  She is, however, still learning not to bite Ginger's hands when playing.  We have such a playful little girl.  Don't get me wrong, she has Daddy wrapped around her little finger, but as I write this she is curled up on Ginger's lap.


So we have had a few storms this week.  Which allowed me to take a couple of cool storm cloud shots!



The first shot was taken on my phone.  The second shot was taken with my camera.  I have been really busy lately but I have still found time to take shots.  Still have not found that elusive lightning shot yet but trust me, I am on the look out!  Until then I will stay fascinated with storm clouds!

So yesterday after the storm clouds had passed we were actually able to get out on the lake and go fishing.  My boss and friend Marty took us on a fishing trip.  I would say we had some success:



It was a lot of fun.  4 boats of guys getting rained on at times but having a blast fishing.  Ginger was alright with me going but doesn't want me going out every Saturday all day fishing lol!

And the view was amazing:



We were not sure it was going to happen.  We had storms come through Friday night and into Saturday morning.  Our 7:30am departure time moved to 11, then 12:30 then finally we went at 1:30.  It was fun and looking forward to the next trip!

So we are suppose to have some sun this week which is great for Ginger!  Me, I am a stormy kind of guy but Ginger needs her sun!  She will be happy this week!

Well, I have to get back next to my beautiful wife!  Thank you to the mother's in my life, you are truly special!

Baa




Comments

Popular Posts