Week 48: Sophie waiting


So when Ginger leaves the apartment and I am home and can't find Sophie I know where to find her.  She likes to lay on the mat in the hallway waiting for Mommy to get home.  It's hard to take pictures of her in this spot because if I lay down she comes up to me.  So I put the camera down with my remote release on and waited for the shot.  She has that sleepy eyed look on her face.

So Ginger got over her cold.  And then....I started dealing with a sore throat on Thursday.  By Friday I was miserable and just trying to get through work so I could get some rest over the weekend.  I do not want to be sick for next Saturday when we go to Iowa.  So I have stayed either in bed or on the couch, drank plenty of fluids and eaten lots of ice cream.  Today I am in the coughing stage which judging from Ginger's illness is the last step.  Ginger has made sure to keep her distance, she does NOT want this again lol!  I guess working outside the past couple of weeks caught up with me lol!  Looks like inside work this next week before we head up north and I get to take pictures of snow!  I am really looking forward to seeing my parents and having some more rest.

So on a little side note.  When I did the photo shoot with 19 people we had a blast.  The person who organized it told me this.  The pictures I put up of the grandchildren throwing fits, well, she was looking at me, as the photographer, and all the parents trying to encourage the kids to smile for the camera.  She stated, if families would do more of that, encourage each other, what a happier bunch of families we would be.  It was really quite a deep thought.  And of the pictures I took, those have been the favorite one's everyone has loved.  Just goes to show always take the shot, even if you don't think it might turn into anything, it might just be the shot that is the winner.

 Hope this blog post finds everyone doing well (and staying well!).  Pray for us to have a safe trip to Iowa next week, we are flying!  Gonna miss Sophie but we have some amazing neighbors who take care of her like she is their own! 

Baa





Still waiting on Mommy...




Comments

Popular Posts