Week 47: Photoshoot Hijinks and Christmas Tree

Wow what a week it has been!  Last week when I wrote my blog, Ginger was already feeling bad in what we would find out was a bad cold.  But that Sunday night I began to start feeling bad then began getting sick rather violently.  I got about 1 hour of sleep Sunday night and made the decision to call in sick for the day.  (FYI, that never happens, first time in 2 years on this job).  I thought maybe I caught what Ginger had.  But besides feeling weak I began feeling a little bit better, though I probably should have taken another day or two to recover.  But Thursday, Thanksgiving I was feeling normal and we began to realize I either had food poisoning or a nasty virus that mimiced it. 

Ginger, however, is just now starting to feel human again.  She has stayed in bed, watched lots of Hallmark, and slept quite a bit.  Her appetite has come back.  Cough is still here.  Thanks to my Mom, who just had this not too long ago, she gave us the steps her doctor told her to take and let us know about how long it would last.  Need to get all this sickness out of the way, we are going to be in Iowa in two weeks! 

So I had a photoshoot on Friday.  I was a little bit nervous, but Mom was texting me and giving me some encouragement (she has SUCH a gift!).  19 people.  I would tell you everything went smooth, but it was an outside shoot, wasn't suppose to rain, did rain, and had to move the venue.  That said, and I mean this with all sincerity, I had a blast in spite of all that!  They rolled with the punches as did I and it was just a fun, crazy, enjoyable time.  A couple of the grandkids were NOT having it toward the end and I got a couple of my favorite shots of the shoot:


The thing is I learned a few things, which excited me.  I was up early making sure my equipment worked and dialing in some settings.  All in all, with editing of the files, it was a 4 hour work day that was probably one of the best half work days I have had in years and just reaffirms how much I love photography.


So our tradition of getting a tree on Friday was delayed a week.  Not a problem, on Saturday we went and got an absolutely beautiful tree:


We have been going to the same place for years, and they recognize us when we come in.  We always get a good tree (and yes, I splurge on getting a tree each year because Ginger wants a real tree each year and to be honest, I do too.)

So I spent most of Saturday putting up lights and decorations.  Usually I come up with some kind of theme.  This year I had asked Ginger about some ideas I had, so this year we wanted a sort of winter wonderland in the house.  To do that I put up blue lights with our white lights and color coordinated the mantle with the lights.  Ginger had gotten some things at Mistletoe and Magic and then there is the wonderful crystals my parents give us each year.  And this is what we came up with:


Even Peppermint Place got a make over and our hallway is lit in blue and white as well.  It is always a weekend's worth of work but it is beautiful when it is done.  And since the weather is nice I have the blinds open and daylight and a breeze coming into the living room.  Took Sophie on a walk so she is now sleeping peacefully.  Still have to clean up the studio but that is the last room to straighten up. 

So I have a request.  Ginger and I have a dear friend who is going through some very, very hard times right now.  I am sorry, I cannot get specific with you right now, it is a very sensitive issue but they are relying on the Lord to get them through this storm.  I have no doubt that God will deliver, in His time, in His way, and show just how majestic, powerful and mighty He is.  I walk today upright because of God so I know He can deliver them out of the storm.  Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Baa


Comments

Popular Posts