Week 46: Gritty Black and White Photography

So I wanted to make a gritty black and white this week.  Something whimsical. This is what I came up with:


Just something fun as I drank my orange spice tea.  Here is a color shot in the same series:


I have a couple of favorite mugs, this is one from my Mom.

Sunday mornings are one of my favorite times of the week.  Usually I am up by 6:30 to 7.  That is my normal time to get up and usually I am not sleeping much later.  It is quiet.  I usually come into the living room, with Sophie in tow, and read a little bit and Sophie grabs her bone and chews next to me.  Or she looks out her window now looking outside for anything going on.  It is a time for me to reflect, get my thoughts together for my blog and photos.  Ginger sleeps peacefully and I get a little bit of down time.  And I get to make breakfast:


Maple bacon, skillet fried potatoes and eggs.  Very good to eat let me tell you! 

So the big news this week was that I was able to put some of my work into a store of a friend of mines (McDonald Design).  For those of you wondering which pictures I put up, her you go:


All framed and all for sale (The one's shown above are $100).  I have toyed with the idea of having some of my pictures that are limited editions.  For example, my Mom has the only copy of two pictures, Redemption and Serenity.  I'll never print either of those again because they were specifically for my Mom.  And there is a picture that Ginger's parents have, a collage which I did of Ginger's grandfather.  Again, one of a kind.  The good news is when people saw some of these pictures they said we have seen these before and I got to explain them winning at the East Texas State Fair.  I am not sure which direction my photography is going so I am just going to let God give me each step and follow him.  I do have a big photoshoot this Friday coming up that, shock of shocks, I am actually looking forward too. 

So Ginger is actually physically sick this weekend.  A bit of a stomach bug yesterday morning and now just weak and a sore throat and yesterday some major dizziness.  So today will be bundling up and watching lots of Hallmark for her, chicken noodle soup, and homeade orange spice tea.  Certainly don't mind taking care of her.  Her birthday is tomorrow and she is excited about turning 40 (really, I am not making that up!).  Thankfully I am not sick.  Hopefully work this week (only 3 days!) will be pretty low key.  Ready for just a relaxing week because we have lots of Ginger's family coming in!  Apparently last count was 17 people for Thanksgiving! 

So Friday will be the photo shoot and then that night our annual tradition of getting a tree!  This is a huge deal for Ginger and I love seeing her face light up as she looks at all the trees.  Yes, we splurge a bit but honestly, life is too short not to have a little fun.  This will be Sophie's second Christmas! 

So let me just say a little something about supporting other artists.  I love being able to encourage and help other artists.  We all speak a  creative language.  Just get two creatives together and start talking about art and off to the races we go.  I find great joy in helping others.  Part of that is because many of you have supported me through my journey.  Even when my work was less than stellar (I have been able to go back and look at some of my early Photoshop work) ya'll encouraged me to keep going.And so those of you who take pictures, draw, write, work in wood, quilts, needlework, computer graphics, etc, keep following your passion.  Because it is that passion that will show in your work.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Baa


Comments

Popular Posts