Week 43: Super Sophie!

Well how are all you ghouls and goblins doing this week?  Yes, Halloween is coming up.  Been watching a lot of Halloween Baking Championship and Halloween Wars on the Food Network. 

So we have been having a good weekend.  Last night we were able to go to Erica's for a little Halloween party and we got to take Sophie along for her first Halloween! 

Super Sophie
Erica was fantastic in getting Sophie to keep the cap on long enough for me to get this shot!

Erica, Ginger and Sophie
And here is the host with Ginger and Sophie! 

Sophie with Mommy!
Sophie was really good over at Erica's!  She got to run around and have a good time and it was a good time of talking and good food.

I was able to go to Lindale on Saturday and work at the ranch, which is my usual Saturday morning job.  It is, in fact, one of my favorite jobs to do.  You never know what your going to do and it is about as stress free as a job can be.  Last week I was using a log splitter.  This week I was doing normal chores around the ranch.  In the process I get to say hi to the horses (Gretchen actually came up to me to say hi!) and even Peanut acknowledged me. 

So my business cards came in!  Fitting that some of my closest friends (Matt and Debbie and kids and Rebecca) got the first cards!  Still trying to figure out in my brain how this is going to work but God has been gracious in guiding me one step at a time.  About to start picking out the pictures to get prints of.  Let the fun begin!

Ginger is still trying to find her structure now that she is off work.  Her OCD has been spiking lately but there are a few things that have caused this spike.  Once she gets her routine nailed down things should settle down a little bit.  She has been seeing a counselor that has been helping out and Bible Study and Community Group have been a big help.  We were going to another group but ran into some issues there that caused us to step back and reassess whether to continue their or not.

My anxiety has been a lot better.  Actually when I wrote that I had already been working on it.  When you start talking about things and make yourself vulnerable some people try to take advantage of that.  Silly people, you failed that test.  I have an extensive support group whose positive influence greatly outweighs your negativity.  Give me negativity over the phone?  I can pick up the phone and get 10 positive affirmations. 

So work this week was busy for me.  My boss actually went on vacation for a couple of days so I got to coordinate some things.  Of course then it rained on Thursday so I had to think on the fly on where to put everyone.  Reminded me of the times I use to run up to 15 people on a crew.  Yes, I am a man of many talents.  Actually got a good job from him!  Of course I woke up at 3:30 in the morning, saw it was raining and spent the early morning trying to figure everything out!  I slept good the next night!  But that is why Saturday morning at the ranch is so therapeutic for me.  I get away from the stress of my regular job and I am able to work, stress free, and let the week go.  Good talks with Rebecca (and Andy) help as well.  And then there is the fact that God speaks with me while I work.  By the time I get home I am ready to spend the weekend with Ginger and not think about work at all till Monday morning. 

Well I pray everyone has a wonderful week and a fun Halloween.  It is suppose to rain (like it did last year) but that is okay to me.  Won't be working late the next three days, I have pumpkins to carve and prints to sift through!  Thank you everyone for all your love and support, you mean the world to Ginger and I!

Baa




Comments

Popular Posts