Week 42: Light and Dark Side

So this week's photo was actually inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest (though the blue eyes are Giner's stamp on the picture). More and more I have found lots of inspiration there.  My Photography and Photoshop folder is full of ideas that inspire me.  Much like my favorites on Flickr and of course the music that I listen to.  I have been listening to a lot of Plumb lately whose music I am really relating too.


Of course you do not see my other hand next to the lighted one, but that is the point.  Light and dark.  Back in my addiction days there was another side to me.  A selfish side, a side that wanted one thing, my next fix.  My alter ego, my dark side.  But that side is in the dark now.  Oh it could come back, if I choose, but each day I get up and ask God for the strength to keep that side in the dark.

But let's go one step further.  There is a depressive side and a normal side.  An anxious side, a calm side.  I tell Ginger all the time I can separate when the bipolar in her is talking and when she is lucid.  It's not that the mental disorder side is evil.  It is not.  It leaves the person in a dark place, a darkness that is hard to see through.  And generally through faith, through medication, through counseling, and through supportive people, that one sees the lighter side and comes back.  Ginger has a saying, "Your wife is back".  It means that the bipolary person has gone into remission and that normal person is back.  If you have ever seen the movie, "The Notebook", it is a perfect portrayal of this concept, dealing with dementia.

So when the sun came out yesterday, with a week worth of rain and clouds, Ginger's mood went way up and her OCD began to subside.  So when she got up this morning I had the shades up, the sun beaming in and a window open to let the cool air in.  Fall is here and we could not be happier.  I got my fill of rain (I love cloudy and rainy days) and was happy to see the sun as well.

In this picture there is a hint of a smile.  The blue eye is lighted, a window to the soul.  Happiness is there.  Contentment.  It has been a really good weekend so far.  And I am content.

So Friday night I decided it was time to make some business cards (I have to say the first person to mention I needed these was Asia!):


So maybe a little bit of an explanation.  In my travels there are many times I mention my blog and my pictures and people are always wanting to know where they can find it (I was in the bookstore the other day and talked to a fellow photographer was the last time someone asked).    As well, my neighbor and friend is opening up an interior design studio and would like to display my work.  Ginger's sister understood perfectly the trepidation I felt just because each piece I do is a part of me and it can be hard to let go.  But Michael has been very supportive in wanting to see my art work get exposure.  I have tried to design business cards before but I could never get it just right.  This time things just flowed perfectly.  And so when his studio opens my work will be displayed and we will see where the journey takes Ginger and I.  Photography is my creative outlet, my therapy, and I do not want to lose sight of that, I never want my love for photography to become tedious.   If others appreciate my work and want to compensate for that all the better.  Ginger's dream is for me to have a small shop in Colorado selling my work lol!

So thank you everyone for you words of support as my photography and art take on this new journey.  Ginger and I are both excited.  But now I have to go through all my work to see which one's I want to make prints of to sell.  I might even make some that are signed and numbered limited editions.  I mean why not lol.  And to those of you who have believed in me from the beginning, thank you from the bottom of my heart, your encouragement means the world to me.

Baa
  


Comments

Popular Posts