Week 34: A Special Violin

So I have been contemplating this shot for months.  One of my prized possessions is my grandparents violin.  Definitely well used, it's worth in the market may not be much but for me it is a priceless piece of family history.  So I have been waiting for the sun to be able to come into our studio at just the right angle because I wanted to do a picture that did the violin justice.  I actually had one idea, but after the setup I got another.  (and no I have no idea how to play it)


It was quite a feat keeping Sophie from going after the bow.  But I got her a new toy yesterday, a ghost that she loves playing with, that helped me out.  The only thing I did not plan on was wearing my Def Lepard T-shirt, but that just shows the diversity of my music tastes.  I am, however, holding my favorite instrument to listen to, even beyond an electric guaitar.  And since Ginger is in Rome Georgia, more on that in a minute, I was able to get into the studio this morning and just immerse myself.  Believe it or not I had to use a flash with a softbox to help take out the bottom shadows. So the above is my favorite, but since my creative editor is not here, this is the other shot I took:


So taking my camera with me, even to work, I was able to get a pretty good sunrise shot this week.  Just a little bit of tweaking in Photoshop, but for the most part this is the shot from camera:


I love taking sunrise and sunset shots.  For this one I decided to keep the foreground and trees dark to make more of a silhouette.  This is a shot driving into where we meet at work at the shop.  I have learned to just take the pictures when I get the inspiration. 

At one of the jobs I was at this week, and this particular one has been a beast, I was able to take in some scenery and shoot a couple of shots at lunch:



The one above includes the trail.  The one below I wanted to include the boat on the opposite shore.

So this week Ginger went with her parents to Rome Georgia with her parents to be with her sister and family.  I mean now that she does not work it is a good time for her to spend time with her family.  As for me, Sophie and I have had plenty of Father and daughter time.  As I write this she is sleeping in my lap, Forged by Fire on the TV and I am writing my blog.  So when Ginger is here I eat pretty darn healthy.  Even with her gone I have done pretty good till last night.  So I decided to make some skillet  bacon cheese fries:


And to top that, for dessert I had this:


That is vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries, dark chocolate syrup, pecans and mini chocolate chips.  Both my dishes above were absolutely delicious.  Maybe I will have the same thing tonight....

I have been drinking a lot of Green Apple Soda, Limeade, and different kinds of custom sodas including this Toxic Slime:


Oh yes, the above picture is also the Find Paulio picture.  I have come to find out that the Find Paulio game is a big hit above my friends so for the forseeable future you will see one each week!

Speaking of games, I am not a big game person, in fact just do not like to play them.  I have my reasons.  But Thursday night at Community Group I had the absolute best time.  Something called Jackbox.tv.  Quiplash was fun (especially since I won) but my favorite was the Trivia Murder Mystery with our sarcastic host.  Didn't win one game of that, didn't care, it was just so much fun especially with the group of people gathered.  Lots of laughter and fun. 

So with Ginger gone it become important to have a plan to stay sober.  It is really easy to get into the mindset of no one will be home I can do whatever I want.  While that is true, and the enemy whispers in my ear that I have free will to do what I want, it is not in my best interest.  I have settled into a pattern with Sophie and I have a few close friends I know I can call and keep me accountable with should I be tempted.  I am surrounded by sober people.  Believe it or not I have craved my specialty sodas more than anything else.  And work has kept me busy.  Once I get home, take Sophie on a walk, shower, cook dinner and finally sit down it is about 7:30 to 8, and Sophie wants to play with Daddy.  I am happy to say I am so very thankful to be sober.  And yesterday, well, I had lots of errands to run to keep me busy.  I guess what I am trying to say is you have to be intentional in doing the right thing.  It is very easy to derail, relapse usually starts in the mind, so as the Bible says you have to capture every thought.  Needless to say right now I am drinking Texas Sweet Peach Soda from Dublin Texas. 

Looking forward to having my wife come back home.  It is good for her to go see her sister and for me to fend for myself a few days.  Makes the heart grow fonder and I realize just how much I love my wife.  The house is not the same without her laughter and voice in the house.  In a couple of days she will be back and I will welcome her with open arms and Sophie, well, she is going to be ready to lick Mommy's face, believe me.  Every time she hears someone in the hallway she goes to the door thinking Mommy will be walking in the door.  Needless to say, we miss Mommy!

Thank you everyone for all your prayers and thoughts.  Love ya'll! 

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts