Week 32: Finishing Projects and Black Lights

So this weekend has been about artwork.  Trying to get the right prints for my upcoming submissions into the East Texas State Fair and mounting them on backer board.  Got some great advise from Britney at Michael's who also helped us pick out matting and a frame for one of Ginger's and I's favorite photos of the year as well.  I have been going back and forth on whether the Voice Within photo should be submitted as color or black and white, Ginger likes the color one which is where I am leaning toward:

Two to the right are the contest submissions

Not lots of paperwork, but with any photo manipulation they want the originals as well.  The weekend has been really good and walking into Michael's and seeing the Halloween stuff out and the new Spooky Town Collection signaled, at least in my mind, that fall was coming.  Oh yes, we have plenty of heat left, don't get me wrong, this is Texas, but when you start seeing the stuff come out you know that Ginger and I's favorite seasons are coming.

So after working on the technical side of things for the upcoming contest it was time for a little fun.  I love black lights.  I just do.  I love making things glow.  So looking through my shelf of ideas (yes I have one of those), decided to pull out some erasers and have some fun:


Just having a little fun because, well, I was feeling squirrely.  And even a little black light on my black and white picture of the Voice Within:


I know some are saying why, and I answer with why not.  Just more artistic expression.

Ginger is settling into domestic life.  In fact most nights I come home and Ginger has dinner either ready or almost ready.  I love that.  And she is loving cooking.  I am not complaining.  I spent most of the week in between jobs helping to organize the shop.  I love organizing and now, at least, we can find everything that we need.  Ginger had to deal with one anxiety attack this week and she was actually able to work through it without extra medication.  So as she settles into her routine her disease has been getting better.  She has an appointment with her doctor this week so I am anxious to see what he has to say as we move forward and maybe even begin a lessening of medication.  It really is the nature of the disease.  Add work to the mix and suddenly Ginger's stability is in question if it gets really stressful.  No matter, it is really good to see Ginger smiling more and happier.  So thank you everyone for all yours prayers, keep them coming!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts