Week 30: And a New Chapter Begins

So for those that have followed this blog for the last several weeks you know that Ginger has had quite a struggle, especially at work.  Well, Friday a new chapter began.  Friday was Ginger's last day at her job.  There is no doubt that God has led us to this path.  Through the wisdom that has been given to us by wise counsel, to how God has opened, and closed, doors to show us the way.  And with our leap of faith God has shown how faithful He is and just how much He loves us.  The generosity we have seen and the blessings that have come (and I will credit my Dad for first making that call, that the blessings will come as we have peace with God). 

So Ginger is in that surreal stage now.  It has not fully sunk in yet, which is exactly how I felt when I changed jobs.  But now it is Sunday and there does not have to be any Sunday blues.  In fact, Sophie is getting groomed tomorrow.  Ginger can stay up tonight and there is not the pressure of work.  There may be a period of adjustment but she is already talking about making supper for us so when I get home dinner will be ready. 

And I have taken a collective sigh of relief.  With the anxiety of work off Ginger, we have already been able to cut down on one of her medications already.  In fact Ginger could not wait to start going down on it.  She will be seeing her doctor soon this next month and so we can get a plan together, medication wise, on how to proceed.

Work for me this week was quite challenging.  For the second time in my life I used a fast drying oil based paint and it was not fun yet again.  In fact I hate using it.  With temperatures in the shop above 100 degrees it is very finicky to deal with.  But with each challenge I learn a little bit more. 

So photography wise, I was walking Sophie this week.  We are in the season of cicada's and their songs in the summer.  With cicada's come a special kind of wasp called a cicada killer.  I love them.  They just look cool.  While walking Sophie I found one that was perfectly intact (and dead).  I actually waited to the end of the walk to pick it up.  So I do know that some of you do not like bugs so you'll have to bear with this post.  Because inspiration struck and this morning before church I spent a lot of time mounting it for picture taking.  Ginger walked in asked what I was taking a picture of, saw the wasp and about freaked out (when it comes to bugs I try not to tell her I am taking pictures of them till they show on the computer screen!).  Even dead she thinks they will "come alive" and get her.

So without further ado:

Cicada Killer-my favorite shot of the shoot

Cicada Killer this is a collection of 5 pictures photo stacked.


Cicada Killer I really enjoyed this one with the white background


With the pictures on the screen Ginger was again pivotal in helping me decide which creative direction to go.  Oh yes, last week I forgot to put a Find Paulio picture up and was asked about it.  So here you go everyone, another Find Paulio:


And yes, still have the serious Uncle Paul picture.  This is becoming a fun little game we are playing.

So keep us in your prayers this week.  Lots going on.  We have an appointment to meet someone about getting insurance, Sophie is getting groomed and spaded this week, and Ginger is getting her hair done.  Quite a busy week.  And with August coming, football is around the corner and our annual fall shopping trip is coming.  Lots to look forward to.  God has been very faithful getting us through to this point and He shows no sign of not continuing to lead us.  We have a wonderful gracious God.

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts