Week 27: When the Bottom Falls out



So this week has been a roller coaster, quite literally.  Ginger went up on her medication for anxiety and did not have an anxiety attack on Monday.  Cause for celebration right?  Something was wrong however. Even though the attack was not there, the worry was.  Fear of asking questions, of not knowing if her notes were right, and just a perpetual state of nervousness. 

We had a reprieve, July 4th came and we were to have a family gathering with Ginger's sister and family here.  We had a blast.  Took a picture of the family:








This one is for the kids.  I had a blast with Julia, Rebecca, and David.  We laughed quite a bit and came up with this idea:  Find Paulio.

Find Paulio

The Flower picture above, my favorite, was taken in the backyard. 

I have been working in Eagle's bluff in the extreme heat but not before I could take a couple of pictures:


 Thought of a friend of mine for the one above.


I have this thing for cool looking stumps.  And for once I think I nailed a composite.



Of course then Thursday hit.  And Ginger's anxiety hit to such a point she had to leave work early.  Usually when she leaves she begins to feel normal.  But something was terribly wrong.  The instability, the fear, and a call to her doctor who increased her mood stabilizer.  But everyone's question was this is a new job, it should not be this stressful.  And yet it was.  And so decisions had to be made.  Ginger's health is more important than any job.  So Friday she had a talk with her boss who could not have been more compassionate and Ginger let her know what was going on.

But Ginger and I had some decisions to make as well.  I had been saving money, planning for a rainy day.  I did not know that this would be that rainy day.  Ginger will be putting her two week notice in soon.  It is just not healthy for her to work where she is right now.  But then something amazing happened.  We began to let those close to us know of our decision.  And God took over.  Not only did everyone support our decision but then God began helping us with our next steps.  Ginger's parents have not only been pillars of wisdom, but beacon's of hope.   For me I needed to talk to my Dad as well.  God has always used him to speak to me.  I told him I would be in a place of relying upon God and Dad says, that is when the blessings come.  My Dad has such a calming spirit for me a way of just letting me know that God is right there holding me.  Of course he has been an example of that for me.  The peace of God has come over Ginger and I about our decisions.  I tend to worry more about the financial aspect but Ginger has complete faith that God will see us through and that helps me in so many ways.  And yet, Dad, the blessings are already coming.  I am seeing God placing a road map in front of us, illuminating a path that says walk here.  What a glorious place to be, dependent on God and watching as He takes us by the hand and guides us down this path of life and light.  There are still questions, there are still decisions to be made, but God is divine and wise.  He puts one decision in front of us to deal with.  And after that, the next one will be dealt with.  And Our families are behind us and we are all trusting in God. 

So after all this, this weekend I have my wife back.  She's been away, sick.  But after making these decisions, the relief, the peace, I have my wife back.  Right now she is watching hallmark, smiling, being Ginger, and I could not be more thankful.  Does God answer prayers?  Oh yes, He most definitely does.

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts