Week 29: When the Calm comes

So as I sit here drinking my Dublin 1891 Green Apple Soda (www.dublinbottlingworks.com), a headphone bud in one ear listening to the race on the my tablet, I am happy to tell you that this has been a very good weekend.  Ginger's bipolar and anxiety have stabilized the closer we get to her last day at work.  She has one more week. 

This week (and weekend) we have seen God move mountains.  From the peace that He has given us to how our family and friends have rallied around us has been truly amazing (and blessed us in many ways!).  We could not do this without all your support and encouragement.  And we do not feel alone.   It has sparked conversations about mental disorders and how God has helped us navigate through the chaos.  And God saw fit to put it on my boss's heart to give me a promotion and raise.  It comes with lots of responsibility, but as he said I am already doing a lot of that already.  I cannot tell you this enough, God is good.

I made some sun tea this morning.  I have some apple spice tea bags, put some cinnamon sticks and cloves in and put it out in the sun.  And I got this:






It is fantastic.  I have made peppermint sun tea as well.


 So Friday night as we are going to bed, I walk by the kitchen and feel water.  The dishwasher is running, so I look underneath and see that our garbage disposal is leaking from the bottom.  Yep, that is the death knell of a garbage disposal.  So my Saturday project list was starting.  So got something under it and in the morning it was time for a trip to hardware store.   Since I was at it, our bathroom faucet was beginning to look pretty ragged so I began researching some bath faucets.  And then, I have been wanting to install a kitchen faucet with a pull out nozzle .  And when I pulled off the garbage disposal the metal ptrap had corroded and broke.   Luckily, this is what I do.  In fact, I love doing make ready.  So after a trip to Home Depot and Lowes, I had a handful of supplies and a few tools and began to work.


The white liquid is the milk that was still in the pipes.  Of course I fixed the pipes now.  But in no time I had a new disposal and kitchen sink:



Ginger loves the little soap dispenser.  Of course the fun part was still left.  I found a bath faucet with an led that lit when the water was on.  Needed something for at night.  This thing was not that expensive but was way cool!  But I will let the picture show it:


I kept going inside the bathroom and turning on the water just to see it.  It has a low flow aerator so I can save some water, which is good because apparently all the outside faucets are tied to our water.  I found this out when none of the spouts worked when we had to turn the water off a month ago for the plumbers to fix pipes and someone was using the water outside and our water pressure went down.  But no one uses it excessively, thank goodness.

So this morning I was able to get a whole lot of summer cleaning done.  Just a bunch of straightening up since my loss of interest has lifted.  I had talked about last week the depression clawing at the edges of my mind, well, it has subsided.  My creativity still isn't in full swing, but with time (and fall) it will be.

So this afternoon, with it 107 degrees outside, we have stayed inside, or at least I have.  Ginger has gotten in and out, which is a good thing.  She has been watching hallmark, cooking her meals for lunch, and her mood has been fantastic.  Even I did a little cooking:


Homeade fried potatoes, bacon, chopped chicken and refried beans.  Very yummy! 

So as we close out a chapter in our story this week, we begin to write a new one.  But there has been one thing that has been constant, God has been with us throughout each.  I am glad that I can write a blog this week that has a lot more happiness.  I know more storms will come but during the calms it is nice to reflect and realize just how good God is.....


Baa



Comments

Popular Posts