Week 38: For the Love of Animals

So I was looking through some of my old photographs looking for some pictures for a collaboration with another artist and came across this photograph from 2009:

A Younger Paul (with long hair) and Sadie
Ginger saw this picture and absolutely loved it.  Sadie, her dog when I met her, loved me.  Which was no small feat.  She wasn't exactly friendly to everyone but she took a liking to me right away.  And if any dog acted like a cat, it was her.   I guess Sadie knew that I had captured Ginger's heart and in turn I captured hers.

So this week's blog is filled with animals.  My next picture is of Abby:

Abby 
Abby is an energetic puppy at Rebecca's ranch.  And Abby, this week, made my heart swell.  So just a little back story, Rebecca's ranch is where I go most Saturday's to help out.  If there was a job or place I love to work and is my favorite, it is here.  I go there and it just doesn't feel like a job.  We work hard, and many days I live soaked in sweat and have dirt from head to toe.  But there is a satisfaction of accomplishment.  If ever I had a dream job, going there to work is it.   It is a place of peace and creativity.  You cannot come out here without seeing the beauty of nature or the love of God, faith, and art.  Every time I pull up onto the ranch Abby greats me enthusiastically.  This Saturday she decided to follow me around.  She would try to get into what I was working on but she minded pretty well.  Ginger has been wanting to get a dog for a long time and I think Abby just brought me in line with Ginger.  Of course we are looking for a small dog, a Shit-zu.  We will see what the future holds.

But not to be outdone, the mama cat on the ranch decided she would give me a photo op, sort of, with her three kittens:






And then the three kittens taking a little nap:



My mother in law has been dealing with pneumonia so please keep her in your prayers.   Ginger is starting to feel better with her bipolar, it has been a really rough couple of weeks, but she looks to be coming out on the other side.  Thank you everyone for all your love and prayers. 

Baa


Comments

Popular Posts