Week 36: Fall and Halloween Decorations

So one of the traditions that Ginger and I have had every labor day is to go out and do fall shopping.  We both look forward to it every year, and as summer comes you can feel the excitement of Ginger and I as the day approaches.  After our purchases I spend the long weekend decorating the house with Ginger's eye of interior design helping me as I have questions on placement.  So I took pictures for the blog this week. 

Of course it has changed over time.  We use to just put everything we had out and it looked like Halloween exploded in our house.  We've learned restraint and have decided to put our favorite items out and some of the new stuff we get.  So without further ado, our decorations would not be possible without our resident ghost Spooky (I took his Christmas hat off).  He is a regular fixture in our house (which reminds me I have to go find Batty...):

Spooky


Stephan 




 And then there is his little brother Stephan, with Ginger's Indian Corn bowl with candles and her new glitter light up haunted house.


 I decided to try something different this year.  We aleady have LED string lights hanging up for our bed and breakfast affect.  I decided to take our purple/orange LED lights (they can change color with the press of a button) and intertwine them with the white ones.  A candy corn effect for the dining room and purple and white in the living room:

Dining Room Candy Corn Theme
Entrance into Halloween Central
One of the things that Ginger and I both love are the Spooky Town Haunted Houses.  Every year Spooky Town comes out with new items and one of the things we look for are the haunted houses.  Not ones that have a bunch of skulls and such, but things that look spooky.  And this year we found one we both like:

New Huanted House and my Cemetery Gate
Of course the Cemetery Gate is my addition.  Of course we have our little sign that I have spotlights highlighting.

Spooky Sign
Now my favorite is above my computer and it flashes lightning.  Of course on all of them we have the sound turned all the way down:

Paul's favorite

So most of the of the haunted houses are around my computer setup:

Computer Central

Of course we have one on the mantle and my Dad's gothic house.  And of course the Trick or Treat bucket with LED string lights inside!

Mantle
Now this next picture is our bookshelf that has most of my Photoshop and Photography books on them, my collection of favorite pulp fiction and our collection of fun coffins that Ginger likes me to paint.  They also make noises.  Yep, all of these have had Ginger's seal of approval.

Coffin Central
And lastly, as I type this I get to look at my favorite pieces on my computer desk.  I got these when I visited my Mom and Dad two years ago.  It is a representation of Ginger and I in costumes.  The ghost is Sparky (those who know us KNOW who Sparky is) our first little critter.  The dragon is my little fairie dragon.  And of course my official decal considering I am on the Zombie Outbreak Response Team (No, I have yet to watch a full episode of Walking Dead):

Zombie Outbreak Response Team
Now, for those of you who want a picture that is not fall/Halloween related, well here is one from the week that I took:

Cactus
We are in Texas after all, and this is a study in symmetry.  I love looking for patterns in the world!  Love everyone and thank you for all your supports and prayers!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts