Week 36: Lanterns and Winds of Change

So this weekend was Ginger and I's annual fall shopping!  Before that I went out to Lindale to work on Rebecca's land!  Lots of digging, shoveling, and even putting up fencing!  You never know what you will be doing!  Got a great picture out there:


 Every year we look forward to this time because, for us, it ushers in the fall season and we begin decorating for Halloween and fall!  This year, however, we were not finding much inspiration anywhere.  Spirit of Halloween had moved to a different spot and we were, well, disappointed.  Usually you go in there and it is dark and spooky.  This was just a warehouse spot.  Even Ginger, if you can believe it, was disappointed.  So we'd already gotten our spooky houses from Michael's the week before.  Then we walked into Pier One Imports.  I love this store because they have the crackle glasses that Ginger and I love.  But they also began carrying something else, Glimmer String Lights.  We saw that they were putting them in these lanterns and inspiration struck.  We had so much fun in this store and the funk of not getting inspiration was changed!  So Ginger liked the amber lights, I like'd the purple:



These things were so much fun not only to put together but to light up!  Ginger's I hung up from the ceiling.  I used two sided tape to put the battery box underneath the lantern.  The purple lantern is by my computer.  The cool thing is, I got a remote that works with them.  Turn it on and off, put it on a timer, or give it a candle effect.  May be more lanterns coming in our future....

Decided this year, however, not to make it look like Halloween just exploded in our house.  I put up the led lights in the living room so we can change them from orange to purple.  We found a place, finally, for Ginger's Beware sign so you can see all the glitter:






It hangs in our kitchen doorway walking into the dining room.  It is perfect.  So what went in the fireplace where it was?


Batty did. 

But all in all we just didn't want to clutter everything up.  That and the lanterns were just too cool to drown out with a bunch of stuff.

So if you have read this far into the blog, then get ready for some big news.  I have accepted a new job here in Tyler.  Ginger and I are both really, really excited, and I will be reuniting with a really good friend and brother of mine, Marty.  My last day in Longview will be on the 16th.  I always said I would not leave the apartment complex I worked for unless God told me it was time to move on.  That time has come.  It was amazing to see how God worked it all out and how much peace He gave everyone that I confided in.   I am excited for this opportunity, but I will definitely miss some of the people I have grown really close to working with at the apartment complex.  The next two weeks will be busy and I know the work is stacking up at my new job!  Good problem to have!  Thank you to all of you who have prayed for me, prayed over my work situation, and offered me advise and wisdom.   Keep the prayers coming! 

Baa





Comments

Popular Posts