Week 35: The Dragan Effect

This week's photograph I wanted to use an effect I have read about called the Dragan effect. 

 What is the Dragan Effect:

The Dragan Effect is one of the most popular image-editing effects right now. Created by Polish photographer Andrzej Dragan, this effect uses dramatic lighting and editing techniques that enhance the tonality and skin texture of the images subject.

Here is the original photograph I took using my Canon 5D Mark III with my flash 430ex II with umbrella and flash triggers.  It was important to get some dramatic lighting but nothing too blown out.

 
 Here is the image with the Dragan effect applied:






Not only did Ginger love the original picture, she absolutely adored the new picture.  It was an absolute blast being able to take Photoshop and play with this image.


On a different note, Saturday I had a blast going back out to the Lindale ranch.  It was clean up day, and that meant cleaning up the barn!  So Missy followed me around the ranch as I fixed various projects, swept up hay, cleaned up horse pens and put hay out on the ground, and took care of the burn piles.  Of course it was very, very humid.  Missy would find a cool place to lay and just watch me!  Smart dog.  Needless to say, does not take long to get soaked!  So when I got home just had to take a picture of the my clothes, remember this is 30 minutes after driving home in AC!  


Believe it or not, don't mind getting soaked.  I just hydrate, and move on from one project to the next!  Once again, it is my fun job.

The other important thing this week is our Community Group.  Absolutely love this group.  Not only do we get into some discussions spiritually, we also talk about life and, well, I even have someone to talk to photography about!  My wife and I have really taken to the group.  I have learned quite a bit but more importantly it has challenged me in my thinking.  I've needed that.  But I have also learned to open up and talk.  Yeah, me the introvert. 

Well, I hope everyone has a good week.  I had a fantastic time doing this photography work.  Please continue to pray for me at work and that God continue to guide me in the right path.  

Baa
 

Comments

Popular Posts