Week 14 Challenge: Horse and saddles and playing with flash!

So this Saturday I went to a dear friend's cabin in Lindale to work on her barn and start building a goat pen.  I love going to her cabin, not only is it peaceful, but you can feel the covering of God as you drive onto her land.  This heart adorns her front door:


This is a place where I can recharge and get with God and my friend, and hear God.  Change is coming in my life, especially with the week I had at work, but more on that later.  What is interesting is that God knew I would need this recharge.  And in a couple of weeks, my parents will be in town.  I look forward to csome more Godly wisdom and counsel!

 My friend recently got a new pet.  She already has a dog Missy (Missy and I go way back!), and a cat, but she got herself a horse!  Last August I had helped to build a horse pen in the barn!  This is Gretchen:






She is a beautiful horse and was actually quite curious about me!  She did not, however, like the table saw when it was turned on!

So here are the steps down to the barn:




I love this picture!  In the barn and around the cabin there are, of course, saddles:




I am telling you.  Coming onto this land, you are transported in time.  My friend does not even have a TV! Some more during my mini photoshoot:


 Yes, the lanterns work!

A log that caught my eye!



But my three favorite shots of the day were the following:

A black and white of the steps


An old latch with cobwebs


 The horse leashes


So this week my new photography equipment came in.  So I pulled out my camera and started playing around with my flash.  Here is Ginger's favorite of the shoot:


I love playing with Snoots!  And I have a secret but I cannot quite reveal it yet.   And here is another:


And this look shows how I feel about my hard work week.  In fact Friday was absolutely horrid.  But I am thankful, now.  Because God used it so that I could meet God this weekend.  Quite literally.  I am not a man that cries much.  But this Sunday morning I had tears running down my face as I cried to God as I listened to Crowder's "I Am".  I realize God is carrying me.  I realized that I trust him with some things, but in others I have a hard time ceding control.  The fear and anger I had over the week left and I realized that God was, indeed, in control.  I have a saying I heard, "When the pain of changing is less that the pain of staying the same, change can happen"  It doesn't always have to be painful, but sometimes it is.  One of my favorite songs of late is Thousand Foot Crutches (Christian Rock ) War of Change.  "I feel it in my veins, it's not going away, everything is about to change...."  So change is coming......

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts