Picture and a Party






So this is a picture I took in the early morning hours before work last week.  Just saw the shot and since I take my camera to work, pulled it out.  The only problem, I had it set on JPEG only, not RAW and JPEG, so I didn't get a RAW file with it.  Photographers will know what that means. 

So this week has been a plethora of emotions for me.  It has had some really big highs and a few lows, culminating with a very relaxing Sunday in which I've been able to charge up.  In fact I didn't even get on the computer till after 5. 

The highs have been awesome.  Some really good news at work started my week off very well.  I do have the most wonderful boss and she is a joy to work for.  And my make ready partner, well, I've learned so much from her as well and most of my make ready experience at the apartments is from watching and helping her with the make readies.  The painting and dry wall, well, that is my baby.  When are people going to realize how tight the make ready team is?  If anyone has my back, my partner and my boss both do and I learned that this week, as well as my family. 

I've been working the past three Saturday's, helping a friend out.  But it has wore me out physically and emotionally.  I could finally feel the strain this Saturday of just needing some down time.  So I've made it a point, and I really had to assert myself, to make sure next weekend is free for me.  I guess what really gets my goat, so to speak, is that with aggressive people when they have something they need done and I have something I want to do, how they try so hard to make their need more important than mine.  Guess what, my wife is more important.  It comes down to manipulation but they didn't bank on a well timed email from my parents and the wisdom they imparted. 

Our Halloween Party will be on Saturday anyway and we always have a fun time preparing for it.  It's just a fun time of good food, games, and the House of Hair.   Yes, we like the fun part of Halloween.  It always ushers in the holiday's for us.  Maybe you don't like Halloween, that is your choice, for us, it is a fun time and an excuse to have a party with our close friends and me to dress up as a metal rocker.  And bonus, this week I get to carve pumpkins!  Our resident ghosts, Stephan and Spooky are getting excited!

This week is going to be one where I just take it easy.  Don't get me wrong, I will still go hard at work, but I'm going to go home and just relax with my wife and get ready for our party and bonus we have a party at work on Friday!  This will be a good week!  Thank you those of you who are praying for us, you know who you are!  And we feel your prayers!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts