Plethora of Pictures and Updates

So on the subject of bugs, here is a little picture for you insect lovers:

Yes, the highlights are blown out a little bit on the edges but you get the point.  You'll be happy to know there is a piece of glass between me and the nest.

So some more pictures.  Here is a before and after picture of some drywall work I did this week:

Isn't it interesting what happens when you take your time and do the job right the first time?  I was pretty happy with this patch job.

And lastly for those who like the artistic flair, because you know I do, here is a picture of the art studio:

I love how the light flows into the studio, we keep the blinds open just for this reason in the morning. 

So now for some updates.  Ninja mouse is gone.  We have had no more sightings of a mouse, bug, insect, anything!  I like to think Spooky scared the mouse off, but that is just my imagination running wild. 

Isn't it funny how you can spend $1900, in about 3 hours?  New brakes, new tie rods, new tires, new belt and then the next week your water pump begins to leak?  Safety is important for my drive to and from work.   Well, didn't procrastinate on that and $20.00 for a water pump and a couple of hours on a Saturday and the thing is changed out.  I almost took it to the shop but thought, I can do this.  Seems, in fact, I can do that. 

Ginger and I have been doing lots of counseling, of others, as of late.  Our ministry you could call it.  What I find funny is someone asks your opinion, they come to you, read that, THEY COME TO YOU.  You give said opinion.  You know, the proverbial, what should I do?  Well, from experience this is what you should do.  Thanks for your opinion, and thanks for sharing your experience, but I'm going to do it my way.  No problem.  Wait a couple of weeks.  Hey, you were right, everything you said would happen did.  How do I fix this?  Sigh.  Listen to the opinion that I gave you a couple of weeks earlier would have been nice, but this.  I don't want to do that.  Then don't.  But I want it fixed.  Then do what I suggested.  But that's too hard, or confrontational, or etc.  Then keep living the way you are.  But I don't want to.  AHHHHHHH!!!!!!  Okay, new plan.  Buy a ticket to Iceland and go on vacation for 6 months.  Don't take a phone, computer, tablet, or any electronic device.  Have no communication with anyone you know.  Come back and see if your problem is there.  Now your just being silly, they say.  Really?  Like you coming to ask my opinion when you knew you weren't going to listen?  When I speak about addiction, I speak from years of experience and because I've been on the other shoe above.  I think this is God's way of reminding me of how insane I was in my addiction!  It's always good to have little reminders of why you don't do things you use to, like drink alcoholic beverages.  As it is, I'll take a lemon filled jelly donut instead.  

So as you can see, the craziness of our lives continues!  And we love it!  Ginger is still the most beautiful girl in the world to me and she gets prettier by the day.  Some people may get tired of me saying that but I know one cute girl who doesn't....and she's mine.  In the end, who cares what people think, after all, those who love me know how much she means to me.  Just sayin.

Baa




Comments

Popular Posts