Update on Daddio

So another week has gone by.  I decided to go ahead and update everyone on Ginger's Dad.  I wish I had lots of good news.  He has been on a steady decline this week.  We really thought last weekend was going to be his ascent to heaven but he has been a trooper.  However the week has seen him go from coherent to non responsive for the most part.  For those wondering, he is in no pain.  The meds he has been given keep him comfortable.  And when the moment comes, Jesus will be waiting with open arms to welcome him to his forever home.  We will see him again, and that gives some comfort.

The heroes in his care have been amazing.  Becky, Jenny and Ginger have been amazing in caring for him and sitting by his side.  Those three have tirelessly given of themselves selflessly.  True heroes.  His family has come by to visit, help, and offer morale support.  I have been able to do what I can.  In all a village has come together to help.  And the nurses and doctors have been gentle, 

 Faithfully Ginger has gotten up to go over and sit to relieve Jenny and her Mom.  Her schedule changed, but she has found peace in being able to sit at her Dad's side.  There have been tears, from all. 

My boss has had me on jobs this week that I can break away from if needed.  That is such a weight off me.  Yesterday I was able to take the day off to be moral support and change a filter lol and get stuff from attic.  My lovely wife has assured me my presence is a comfort to her.

And today I was able to bring Sophie for a little dog therapy for Ginger and Jenny.

Yes it is a sad time.  But this family has been amazing coming together to support each other.  

I leave you with this.  A duck.  Because, well, Larry loves ducks.  And when I see one I think of him.  Keep the family in prayer and for a peaceful transition to heaven.  Thank you for all your prayers and love.


Baa


Comments

Popular Posts