Week 6: Acrylic Pours and Techniques

 So it has been a quiet week of sorts.  We are getting excited to be able to, hopefully, see the house we are going to move into this week.  Big move, no pun attended, for both of us!  We have a deep chill coming but no where near the blizzard conditions my Mom and Dad and family are facing in Iowa.  When your HIGH is 0, well, that ought to tell you something.  But I talked with them and they are in a warm house so all is good.

I have continued to do pours.  Experimenting with fluorescent colors and other colors as well, I am having a blast just getting in there and playing around.  I have some keepers and I have some where I learn, well, that isn't the best way to do that.  But with no pressure and just the will to create I am having quite a fun time.


Red, yellow and black tile

Fluorescent Yellow, Red and Orange

Fluorescent Blue, Green, Yellow and Silver

Above with black light (looks better in person)

Same colors as above, bigger canvas

Above in black light.  Not my favorite but not my worse lol!

So let me explain a little on the technique for those of you coming here to learn a little bit of how I do these.  I have learned to not do multiple strips of the same colors.  I layer them, usually from dark to light.  This creates a less than muddy color palette for light colors.  I am learning about color theory, what goes well, what doesn't, etc.  And I am using a swipe technique. 

So I have been asked to give my testimony at Celebrate Recovery.  Ginger has offered to give hers as well, since they need some new testimonies.  It has been a while since I have given a corporate testimony so I am having to update it.  In fact, I am just going to rewrite it since so much has happened since.  It is, however, always a double edged sword for me.  I have no fear getting up and giving it.  I have found God gives me strength and a boldness.  But in the time leading up to it, writing it, there are memories that you have to revisit.  DC Talk has a line in their song Jesus Freak that goes:

"Separated I cut myself clean, from a past that comes back from my darkest of dreams."

Some of those memories are not fun.  But they are necessary.  Not to dwell on, but to never forget what God delivered me from.  Most people don't know the former me.  When they hear about that person some are in disbelief, some don't see it, and all of that is good.  It shows the change that God did.  And let me iterate this strongly, God changed me.  Only He could.  In my power there was no way.  And prayer.  My goodness, prayer is so important.  Prayers were not answered immediately.  And some were not answered in ways people expected.  But they were answered. As I write this there is this song playing that says:   All my life You have been faithful.  And they are necessary to share so that others can see that God can change anyone.  I was a hopeless case.  But God specializes in those cases.  Because when we are brought back from the dead, we can give no one the honor and glory but Him. 

What I like about the testimony is the ending.  Because there is a happy ending.  I am a success story.  Don't get me wrong, I still have issues I deal with, I still say things I shouldn't, in other words, here is a a shocker, I am still human.  But I do not deal with my problems with alcohol and drugs anymore.  

 Well, that went a bit longer than I thought it would lol.  All that to say, pray for me as I begin writing it again that I let God write it through me and reach those He wants to reach.  I don't want it to be a selfish endeavor, I want it to be a God endeavor.  And for Ginger, the same.  We are going to write them freestyle, but God has some amazing things to say and I am looking forward to hearing what He has to say through us.

 

Baa

 

P.S.  I might be able to get more snow flake pictures next week!



Comments

Popular Posts