Week 48: Happy Thanksgiving!

 Yes, I am certainly aware that I am a day early!  But with 4 days off (with the weekend) I have been able to accomplish a LOT of projects I needed to get done and spend some good quality time with my lovely wife.  

So with the virus this year Thanksgiving was bound to be different.  But we had a fantastic one!  Certainly we would have loved to have been around everyone.  But we made the best of it.  We scheduled times to talk to family.  We called my parents and had such a wonderful talk, lots of laughter, and Dad being on the mend with his back doing well.  I don't expect him to do cartwheels when we see them in a couple of weeks, but lots of prayers answered.  We had a zoom conference call with Ginger's family.  From Greece, to California, to Texas, we were able to see everyone and catch up.  I imagine next year will be different but Ginger and I did make Thanksgiving dinner for ourselves!


Turkey Breast, Ginger's Mom's dressing, loaded mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, and my famous cranberry sauce (my "famous" recipe, lol).  Took longer to prepare it than to eat it and then a nap!  I was able to pull out a couple of antiques that I hold quite dear.  First a find from this year, a pot simpilar to my Mom's that I made cinnamon tea in on Thanksgiving!

Ginger loves the tea.  I use freshly squeezed orange juice and little sugar.  

Then I was able to pull out my grinder.  I found this in Georgetown and could not buy it fast enough.  I make cheese log with it and it is another prized possession that reminds me of my childhood and my parents grinder for the same purpose!  (FYI the cheese log is sooo good!)

So this weekend is when we get our Christmas tree as well.  A little snag, the place we usually get it didn't come to town this year so we had to punt.  Glad we did, Ginger picked out probably our best tree we have ever gotten, at half the cost we usually pay, and to see her smile when she looks at it is priceless!  We then spend Friday night decorating (I do the lights, she does the ornaments), sooooo:





And with that Christmas is officially at the Peterson household!

So Sophie has made a new friend.  Our good friends Kayla and Nathan have watched over Sophie since she was little, and she loves them both to death.  Sophie gets so excited when she sees them.  Well, Kayla's sister is here and Sophie adores her as well.  They got to play this morning and I got to take pictures:

Sophie loves giving out kisses

This has got to be one of the cutest pictures ever

She posed!

It was a fun time!  And bonus, I got to take pictures!  Of course she is wiped out now.  She is sleeping on my lap as I write this, head draped over my arm as I type and snoring away.

So for those that don't know I gave my Mom an early Christmas present:




Yep, I cut my hair!  It was time.  Wore my mask, braved Super Cuts, and got exactly what I wanted.  Of course the stylist asked like 3 times, are you sure?  I said yes, but one small favor, I want the pony tail if possible.  Mom was happy, Ginger was really happy, and I, I am happy too!

 I have been going through my pictures and organizing.  I have already organized the file cabinet and I am now doing some needed maintenance on the computer.  Feels good to get it done.  Now with the blog almost written, looks like I am going to have some extended time in the studio doing acrylic pours!  I am so excited!  I hope everyone is making the best out of the holidays this year.  Thank you, as always, for all your prayers and support.  We love you and wish you all a Happy Holiday!

 Baa

P.S.


Spike says Merry Christmas!  Yes, I have a little hat for Spike.  You know I have to throw a little bit of crazy into each blog!

 



Comments

Popular Posts