Week 42 and Week 43 Jefferson Visit and Back in the Studio!

 Why hello Ladies and Gentlemen!  Another two weeks has gone by and what a two weeks it has been!  This last week has been particularly crazy for me and at least for today things have settled down to a slow paced day.  

Last week Ginger and I took a road trip to Jefferson (about an hour and a half away) to go look at the antique stores and just relax.  Didn't know there was a festival going on!  But we did get to walk around and get a few things.  This was a neat little truck in front of the General Store:


We got to spend a couple of hours just perusing the stores and then go eat at Cracker Barrel (which has become a favorite haunt of mine!  This was a fun little trip that I see more of in our future.  It is fun to go an hour to an hour and a half away and just get away!

So my depression had (that is the key word, HAD) been bad lately.  Ginger notices more than most because my artwork all but ceases. I don't talk much when I am depressed.   Oh I get ideas.  But going from idea to execution can be excruciatingly difficult.  And this week at work things kind of came to a point where I was finally like, this situation just isn't worth it.  No I did not quit my job, lol.  But I came to some conclusions about people, about the work, and about my path.  Believe it or not it was two simple words from a series of texts that I wrote to someone that I was honest with my feelings about that did it.  "Ok thanks". Oh they tried to clean it up later with it is no big deal, but it sparked the fire in me.  And got me up from sitting on my path.   Not that I have strayed from my path, just haven't been walking much on it.  It's like I just set up a tent on it and said, I am going to camp here a while.  Problem is, with depression, you can camp a LONG time.  But that fire is burning like a bonfire.  FYI, don't tell a person with a depression it is not big deal.  Maybe not to you but to them it may be huge.  

Things, of course, have turned for the better.  My depression is cyclic, so what goes down eventually comes up.  So Saturday Ginger and I went into the studio to create.  Yes, you heard that right, Ginger went in with me to create as well.  And it was an absolute blast.  Here is Ginger's masterpiece:



I decided to play around with some fire and ice swipes:


But my personal favorites were the two coaster I did:


I am totally in love with them.  

And so now my studio is once again in use and lived in:


And Sophie has found a new place to lay while I write my blog:


Yep, on my desk in front of me while I type.  

So we have opened up all the window curtains to let the fall sunlight come in.  It has opened up the house and we have been able to open the windows some to let the fresh breeze in.  We bought our pumpkins yesterday so I will be carving pumpkins this week.  Usually I get pretty big pumpkins.  This year I got some smaller ones to make the carvings a little more intricate.  I told ya'll the artist has come back out!  Big shout out to my wife for helping that to happen!  

Anyway, excited for the holiday's to come up!  Have talked to my parents and vacation to Iowa is on!  I am sooo excited!  Thanksgiving will be with Ginger's parents and there is always good food there!  And I get to make my cranberry sauce!


Thank you everyone for your prayers, love and support!  Look forward to some more pours, pictures, and all around craziness!  Lots of love!


Baa





Comments

Popular Posts