Week 23: Anatomy of a Photo Project

So Yesterday I was on the ranch.  Was it hot?  Oh yes. hot or not it is always fun and an adventure out there.  You really never know what you'll be doing!  Once again I had my camera with me.  So the favorite shot of the day, you might be surprised:


Ginger wanted the picture in Sepia.  I remember getting there and seeing this and thinking that would be a great shot.  Sure enough.

Of course I got a few spider shots.  Speaking of spiders they were everywhere yesterday.  You know how much I love taking pics of them.  Only problem, I did not have my 100mm macro with me.  So my 16-35mm did the trick:


Ginger's favorite.  This one is small and just hung on the gate the whole time.  If left alone this thing would get huge in a hurry.  I believe Rebecca said something about killing spiders next week lol.

So the next one was a small one that turned up when I was moving the water trough:



Small little critter but quite fast. 

Okay so I got this idea for a photo project.  Back story.  I got on a new group on Facebook for photography.  I am pretty picky with the groups I am on.  Anyway, it is a private group and I had to answer some questions before I was allowed in.  One of the questions was basically why you love photography.

Well, for me, Photography is a fun hobby but it is also therapy.  When I am behind the camera everything from my depression, anxiety and even depression just melts away or becomes the source of inspiration.  So then this idea came into my head.  I have a journal in which I write down my ideas and flesh out my ideas.  Then last night I began setting up the props or gather the material for them. 


The planning is the fun part.  So by the time this morning came I finished setting up the studio:


Of course I had some props ( I knew my old Tshirts would come in handy):


And then I began shooting.  I already had a shot of the moon so I had 4 different pictures that I had to take.  Of course you have to take several of each pose.  Then comes the post editing in which you get into Photoshop and start merging, dodging, burning, layering, etc.  Of course I did that after my nap.....

Anyway all of that to say this is the final image:


From levitating, composting, lighting, and posing, this was quite an adventure.  Ginger gets a big thumbs up she played an integral role in helping me with the poses and how to position myself.  We are a team by far! 

This was a fun shot.  I tried not to make it disturbing (thank Ginger for that one, my original idea was for snarling faces!).  But the message, at least for me, is clear.  When I am behind the lens all the external stuff just goes away.  I literally could sit outside all afternoon just to get a shot of a bird or squirrel.  It would be so easy.  I guess I have learned patience from my experiences!  And it is the personal shots that mean the most to me. 

Anyway enjoy the pictures (I imagine Mom is gliding over the spiders lol!).  Ginger and I are doing well and already looking forward to Fall lol!  Have a good week everyone!




Comments

Popular Posts