Week 25: A Good Day Fishing



Yesterday I was able to get out and go on a guided fishing trip at Lake Tawakoni.  I had an absolute blast.  Of course I had to get up at 4 am to meet the guys at 5 am to get there by 6:30am.  But definitely worth it.  It was raining on the way there and it was an unsual 69 on the water with a west wind.  But the weather started clearing up as the morning went on.


And the front moved on and the sun came out:


And I would say that we did pretty good among 3 boats:


This was the boat that I was on:


And I would say that this machine could run pretty darn good:


It was a lot of fun.  But reality comes back when you get off the boat lol.  I can tell you that I love to fish for catfish and sand bass.  The stiper and hybrid were not biting very much but we got a lot of action none the less.  I have had to learn on these trips to fish right handed though it is easier to do it left handed.  I am thinking next time I am going to bring my own rod and reel.  I mean I think I am going to get me a really nice one. 

During the week I was able to get a pretty good bird shot:


I am finding out that I really like to shoot birds (with a camera, let me clarify).  My technique is getting better, though I have to learn to be a little steadier. 

So I was able to talk to my Dad today for Father's Day.  Always feel better after just talking with him.  I am able to go through things bouncing through my head asking for advise and guidance.  I have been thinking a lot this weekend.  I have started to get organized and started a list of goals.  Most of it has to do with computers and photography, learning more, getting certified, organizing my portfolio and developing a website.  And all of this is being guided by God who I believe is directing my steps.  I have been given sign posts along the way as if God is saying go this way.  The path is foggy ahead but the next step is clear of fog.  And I feel God has that designed by purpose.  Would I be excited or fearful if I saw the whole path?  Would I get too excited and try to rush things or would I grow fearful and stop because of fear?  So I will trust Him.  And isn't that the most important part?  Trust Him?  Because that is one of the most important lessons my Dad has taught me, Trusting God.  Even fighting Parkinson Disease and a back that may need surgery again, my Dad trusts God.  What an inspiration.  And so with that example I follow. 

You know, it is funny.  What I was going to write this morning and what I have written now are two different things.  I am learning something.  Letting go.  God has a future for me and He is preparing me in the present for me.  I could look back, I could live in the past, I could dwell on the hurts and disappointments and vent about them.  Or I could move forward as God directs me.  Work has changed drastically from when I first started.  But God knew.  And so He prepares me for the next step.  Sometimes I just have to take the blinders off of my situation and realize God is in control and that I am not alone and concentrate on the things He wants me to concentrate on.  Here is to new beginnings.

Baa


Comments

Popular Posts