Week 22: Birds and Bees

Another week has come and gone.  Where does the time go?  So once again I am here writing my weekly blog.  Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments from last week's blog.  It sparked some really good discussions and there were even a few tears, happy ones.  When I pour myself out like that typically there is this let down, much like an adrenaline rush that goes away and there is a crash.  Of course today is just what Ginger and I like to call the Sunday Blues.  Most of it has to do with work.  But since this morning I have gotten behind the camera at different points in the day and that has been really good therapy.  That and I have a wonderful wife who understands and that I can talk too.  Life happens and it is not always fun but I have found healthy ways to cope.

So I have decided to expand my photography horizon and begin practicing shots that involve subjects that are moving.   So here are a few of my first shots (Both my Mom and Ginger's Mom love cardinals I hear....):


This was a shot I did not see in the camera.  It wasn't until I got it on the computer that I saw what I had to be honest.  It is not the sharpest picture, but I didn't care this was a WOW moment for me.


And here is a bee incoming.  I took a lot of shots to get a couple of good ones like this one.  This was a fun shot.

Now as far as still shots are concerned, here are a few more:







Okay for those of you that hate spiders, your going to HATE this one.  Be warned.  I was clearing tree limbs and happened upon a funnel web.  Usually the spider is down in the spiral and you can hardly see it.  Not this one.....



Rarely can I get down on a level with a spider and take a shot like this.  I was 6 feet away with this shot, my 70-200mm lens handled this shot really well.  I had to use my bag to steady my camera.  And yes, it was fun for me.

So I hope everyone has a wonderful week.  My spirits are definitely up because of my photography and my beautiful wife.  Thank you everyone for your love and prayers!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts