Week 34: Old Books and Cousins


So I can't rightly tell you where I got this book, but it is an old German book from 1903.  I love old books.  In fact, I love those old bookstores that you can go into.  The smells, the piles of books that you look for treasures, it is just fun. So every time we are on vacation one of the places I like to go to is old bookstores and even antique stores.  Sometimes you just find some real gems.   This is the picture for my 52 week challenge with the theme, OLD.  It goes with the antique suitcase I have and satchel (a present from a very good friend of mine).  Inspiration comes in many forms.

So speaking of old books, I am on a mission.  When I was growing up another series that I read was this one:


Again, another of my favorite series.  It had artwork from Frank Frazetta, one of my favorite artists, and the stories were definitely pulp fiction, my favorite type of fiction.  I use to have all twelve of these books, I do not have any now.  So now I am searching for them.  May take some time but it gives me something to search for.  And it will add to my collection of books from my favorite era.

 So today we got to go see Ginger's 2nd Cousin and they are both photogenic!


So we have two weeks coming until our trip to Destin Florida.  I am actually really excited to be able to go.  I need the break.  It will be good to take a week and just relax.  I am looking forward to spending a lot of time with my beautiful bride, getting some good pictures, eating some good food, getting some great rest, reading, and even do a little shopping.  I have a feeling these next two weeks are going to be really busy but when the 7th comes, I am hanging up the painting and remodeling clothes and just going to relax.  And instead of hauling all of my equipment I have learned what I need as far as essentials to take with me.  After all, I want to enjoy taking the pictures!  I have a couple of new ND filters I am looking forward to trying and maybe, just maybe, I might be able to get a night shot of the sky over the ocean with lightning.  One of those shots that is on my bucket list.  Let me say this.  Ginger really wanted this vacation and she really wanted to go to the beach.  I want my wife to be happy.  She loves vacations.  I am not as excited a traveler as she is, but my thinking is this, she loves to travel, she understands how I feel, and we talk about it.  Communication.  Too often I see spouses argue over things that are so trivial.  My wife has been through it the past couple of months so seeing her so happy taking a vacation makes me happy.  And yes, I am looking forward to it.  And our favorite vacation is coming in December when we go to Iowa. 

 I have another week to trim down my selections for the East Texas State Fair.  The August 31st deadline for submissions is coming up fast but all I have to figure out how many entries and pay my submission fee.  I'll have another week to get them ready to turn in.  This is the administrative side of it all.

Work continues to be interesting.  From people who say they are one thing and are another to people not having any patience, I just described a lot of people's work places!  I ran into a situation where I was not understanding something.  It happens.  I was asking for clarification but someone just began increasingly getting impatient.  To them it was simple.  To me, who had never seen the problem but just in a picture, I just was trying to get a handle on it so I did the job right.  And therein began my frustration. 

Look.  I subscribe to this philosophy.  Ask questions.  Ask lots of questions.  Because if you ask all these questions at the beginning of a project, that is less questions during the project.  And have patience.  But in this day and age patience is becoming fleeting.  Some people want every thing done now.  Some want understanding now without questions.  The people I work with understand that I am not  like this.  I like to create open dialog.  No one is afraid to ask me questions.  And when I ask someone to do something and they do not understand I try to take the time to teach them.  Why?  Because that is how I want to be treated.

And that is the key.  How do you want to be treated.  I am not saying people will treat you the way you want them too.  Some won't.  But that does not mean I have to treat them badly as well, even if they ignore you because they are upset with you which is just laughable to me.   Ignoring an introvert isn't a punishment its a blessing, but it will dictate action.

Enough of that.  Just had to get some of that out.  Now you see why I am looking forward to my vacation?  Well Ginger just showed up from puzzling with her Mom so it is time for my editor to look over my writings, make her corrections, and publish.  I hope everyone is having a good weekend!  Blessings!

Baa

Comments

Popular Posts